o n e | r e s e a r c h

She was alone in tension, having to face his angry expression for the very first time. She did all what she can to pass his subject, and yet it was still not enough. Now they were left in the room, the colors of the sunset starting to fill and reflect on the walls. It was almost nighttime and she was still there with her grumpy History professor.

"You are not working hard enough for this subject!" The old man raised his voice, slamming the high schooler's research papers. Oh what a waste of paper, having to print all of those only to be rejected in the end.

"But sir," the orange-haired girl protested, tears starting to form in her eyes. "I even went to local libraries outside of Yokohama just to gather all these information. Where did I go wrong?"

The professor grunted in frustration, giving out a slight facepalm. "Nakahara Orianna, you are the daughter of a famous icon here in Japan, don't tell me you are only all beauty but no brain?!"

Having to hear such an offending comment made the girl's blue eyes release her tears, no matter how hard she was trying to hold it back. The old man did not show any sign of pity towards the girl, but rather continued on with his offensive words towards her.

Nakahara Orianna, the daughter of the famous poet, singer and songwriter of Yokohama, is a graduating high school student. She is now being accused of improper Japanese grammar and sentence construction, incorrect kanji usage, and a messed up thesis paper.

It has always been like that. Having a famous icon as your father was not an easy task for her, and the fact that her name is a combination of a famous artist's first name and possessing her father's last name made people have high expectations for her. Although she excels in a foreign language called English -- being the class' main translator, dictionary, and thesaurus, other than that she struggles to get out of the society's standards that was set upon her.

Despite that, she tries to achieve as hard as she can. "I-Is there anything I can do for me to complete these requirements? I really want to graduate, sir!"

The man in a gray coat looked up at the ceiling to think. He was most aware that the eighteen-year old girl will never stop begging him unless given another task to catch up with her grades and requirements. She has no love life, so she has all the time that she has.

"Alright, I think I got the perfect research for you."

The girl's eyes glimmered in hope, her tears immediately going to a halt.

"I would do anything!"

As soon as she got the task, she went home with all worries visible in her facial expression. How could she possibly finish this research within a week? She tried to search it over the internet, but the government kept all information hidden from the surface web. It was heavily guarded with authentication, and only an expert hacker can go around this confidential files.

The 0619 Case.

"I am home." Her hoarse voice echoed in the entrance, removing her shoes before stepping in. All she always heard inside her own home was either silence, or her father practicing to sing his new debut song. Today was one of those days wherein her father's beautiful voice rings around every four corners of their dark oak house.

Her father stopped singing the moment he heard his daughter arrived. "I am here at the kitchen, dear. Come, come~! I made noodles for the both of us!"

Out of sheer worry and sadness from all what have happened at school, Orianna couldn't say no to food at this time. She has to feed her stomach to satisfy her emotions back to normal, no matter how bland her father's cooking can be.