s i x |

Edogawa Ranpo, twenty-six years of age, the greatest detective in the history of Japan was taken out first. He was ruthlessly murdered in Dazai's second floor restroom, attacked in the right side of his head, a slit on the throat, and three stabs on the chest. Was left with his head submerged to the toilet bowl to seem the illusion of vomiting.

Followed by Yosano Akiko, twenty-five years old, most visited doctor of Yokohama City University Hospital. She was blindly murdered during an attempt of the Stray Dogs batch to hunt for the suspect, attacked with the lights off in the middle of the stairway. Was murdered in the same way as Edogawa.

"The murderer knows all of our identities," Nakajima concluded, speaking in between gritted teeth. "It knows who to take down first so it will be more difficult for us to catch him!"

"So, what do we do now?" Sakagami asked in fear. She disliked this idea of mystery and murder; it gets her paranoid to the highest level, and it triggers her palpitation.

Everybody was quiet once again, trying to think of the most rational way to capture the perpetrator in the fastest way possible. After a few minutes of silence, Nakahara was able to think of an idea.

"We split into groups," Nakahara suggested, calming himself down so he could think of an ideal group to split. "Dazai has six floors, correct? Each group will inspect two floors, then we meet back here at the stairs to report."

Kunikida nodded, agreeing to the suggestion. Just by giving them once glance, he already knows which people would be a good combination to be in a group.

"One group will be left with three people, with the other two being four," Kunikida was used to this; he is a Mathematics teacher who groups students to help them improve their solving skills. "Dazai, Akutagawa, and I will be the leaders for each group. I will get Atsushi and the Tanizaki siblings."

"Sounds anti-climatic," Akutagawa commented, but he had no choice. Besides, it was the perfect opportunity to get the goddess to his group; for the very first time in his life. "I'll get Orianna and Poe, then."

His answer earned a mean glare from one or two of the superior men of the batch. Akutagawa knew about their obsession with Sakagami, and he meant to immediately tag her to his team to piss them off. He gave out a sly smile to the two, giving the message that he did that intentionally, but has no plan on taking it back.

"Then that leaves me with my favorite colleagues," Dazai confidently smiled, but then went to joke mode once again. "Featuring Lucy Maud Montgomery, that is."

Montgomery felt out of place in Dazai's group. How she wished she was with Atsushi's group right now, so she created an argument to life.

"This is not fair," Montgomery complained, executing her attempts to get swapped with one of the Tanizakis or to have Nakajima in exchange for Oda. "Dazai's group is filled with the most overpowered ones. What if the murderer appears, only his group will survive?"

Sakagami rolled her eyes. She knew by instinct what Montgomery wanted to happen. "We're not weak, Lucy. Just consider yourself lucky for being with Dazai's group, knowing for a fact that you're a weak ass hoe."

"Did you just call me a hoe?"

"Enough! We can't waste time for such personal grudges right now," Oda immediately spoke to stop their argument. "Our group will inspect the fifth and sixth floor, Kunikida on the third and fourth, and Akutagawa at the lobby and second floor. Any questions?"

But no one answered, so Kunikida continued. "Remember to meet here after done inspecting each floors, okay?"

Everybody nodded their heads, took a deep breath, and dispatched to their designated floors. It felt natural, for they were always assigned to these kinds of tasks during their college days; just that they don't have anywhere else to go if they get hurt since the doctor is taken down.