t w e n t y - f o u r | e n d

Just because they write it down and call it history doesn't make it the truth.

But in reality, what is currently written down will automatically be considered the truth... unless the skeletons in the closet come creeping up to the surface.

The ending of what is recorded for The 0619 Case is not the truth.

The truth behind it was not written down... and no one knew the truth.

But no one shall know the truth.

THIS is the truth:

"I see, just because you got to cuddle Orianna in her sleep, made you feel confident about running away together, huh? I thought you already had a lover?"

"What does that have to do with anything? Besides, messed up people should be erased off this world! You wanted to die, right? Won't you feel honored to be killed by the likes of me?"

With no hesitation, the shorter man charged a head on attack towards the taller one, in which he easily dodged. However, he was no match to his opponent, considering how good he was with his martial arts skill, he could launch another counterattack without having to get a knockback from it.

He was able to land a kick on to his sides, sending him to fly and hit the wall nearby. Not too long after the blow, he charged once more to punch the taller man in his abdomen, coughing out blood in response.

"So, Dazai," he said with a menacing grin, grasping his neck and pointing the knife just below the chin. "Any last words?"

Even in the situation that they were right now, the taller man still managed to show the same menacing smile. Now with the shorter one lowering his guard down, his opponent returned the blow to his lower body, sending him across the other side of the room.

"Do you remember what Ori just said yesterday? This course of action proves that you're guilty of something here, Chuuya."

Standing up once more, they continued to duel for each others' lives, wanting to prove that one of them must be the true killer. The female stared at their battling mode, unsure of what she can do that could be helpful in the current situation.

It only synced in to her now that Dazai had remembered and mentioned that certain quote that she had said during that time that they were in doubt whether Akutagawa really was the killer.

"Thieves get mad at other thieves; same rule applies to drug lords and murderers."

That is when it hit her -- Sakagami is now stuck in between two potential killers, and they are now trying to behead each other to prove that only one of them could be the true perpetrator of the whole tragedy.

The very last part written in the government files were not true. It has been reported that another person who wasn't invited to the reunion suddenly appeared right in front of them and took out Dazai first. That was not the truth.

It was only done to cover up his own plan from twenty years ago.

Dazai was now in no condition to fight back. He is now being cornered by the last man standing, walking towards him with a satisfying grin and throwing the smaller knife off to the side. Pulling out a bigger knife from his clothes, the scent of an unknown substance start to spread across the room.

He held the knife on his dominant hand, while the other wrapped around Dazai's throat, choking him further and further.

"Goodbye, Dazai." spoke the person with the Arsenic-covered knife, ecstatic of the view that he was seeing right now; it was a bliss for him to see his rival suffer -- the man whom he hates with all of his heart.