10.

THEN I FELL IN
L O V E  WITH A HEART
THAT BEATS SO
S L O W

〽〽〽

C H A P T E R   T E N

THE FOLLOWING DAYS CAME IN A BLUR and soon it was a week before the Ball, Roxanne was in her dorm reading "Quidditch Through the Ages". Atleast ten boys had asked her yet they were all met with the same answer, no. It wasn't because of them, it was far from that, Roxanne hoped a certain bespectacled boy would ask her. Though it was an unrealistic thought, she couldn't help but daydream about the day he will.

"Rox, have you seen my necklace?" one of her roommates, Anne, said while fixing her coat.

"No," she answered, "what are you even fussing about?"

"Oh it's Sirius," she giggled, "he asked me out yesterday."

Roxanne smirked, "oh. . . so are you guys a thing now?"

The girl turned to a visible scarlett, Oh shut up, Rox."

"Fine, fine," she breathed, "go have fun you lil shit," she said, picking up a necklace from Anne's bed and giving it to her, she escorted her towards the door before smirking once again, "but don't have too much fun." Anne gasped before hitting Roxanne's shoulder.

"Jeez Anne, save the roughness to Sirius," Roxanne chuckled.

"Sod off, Roxanne!" Anne exclaimed, "are you even going to Hogsmeade today?"

The blonde shrugged, "probably not."

"But why?" The other whined.

"I feel lazy."

"But James'll better there!"

"What does James have to do with this?" Roxanne grimaced.

"Because you love him," Anne smirked while Roxanne rolled her eyes. Her roommates have been bugging her about him, saying they were perfect for each other, though Roxanne would disagree. Simply because she doesn't belong here. Roxanne sighed, causing Anne to look at her strangely.

"Do you even have a costume for the ball?" Roxanne shook her head. Anne grinned, "come on, the guys are already at the grounds to get to Hogsmeade. Let's just hurry to catch up with them, yeah?"

Roxanne groaned, "you're not gonna give up until I agree, aren't you?"

Anne smirked, "nope," she said popping the 'p' at the end. Roxanne rolled her eyes at that but smiled nonetheless at how amusing her friend was being, "now go grab your coat or the others will leave without you."

"Can't I just tag along with you and Sirius?"

"I'm willing to bet you don't want to do that."

"What?" Roxanne frowned in confusion, until the words finally clicked and her whole face turned sour at a laughing Anne, "and you tell me to sod off," she rolled her eyes, "do you kiss Sirius with that mouth?" She said, earning another punch on the arm from Anne.