16.

THERE'S A
H E A R T  STAIN
ON THE CARPET

〽〽〽

C H A P T E R   S I X T E E N

AS THE WORDS LEFT Roxanne's mouth, a huge smile erupt from James' features. He tackled her in a hug as he spun her around in pure happiness. The lights seemed to glow brighter than before around the two. The crowd of students cheering them on, mostly to James who finally moved on from Lily.

As James let Roxanne down to her feet, they never broke eye contact. Their smiles wider than ever, eyes gleaming, and hearts beating faster by the second.

The scene seemed to play over and over in Roxanne's mind as it deemed magical in her brain. Time seemed to stop at that specific moment as pure bliss enveloped the two of them.

She sat on her bed, a day after the event, in her pyjamas. Grinning, she couldn't believe it happened. Though with every happy thought she had, a sinking feeling tugged at the bottom of her heart. The realisation that she was leaving, and today marked one day closer to her departure.

She sighed before starting yet another day at Hogwarts. Walking to her bathroom, she quickly started the necessities of the morning.

After the much needed shower, she quickly changed into her uniform, grabbing her book bag and quills as she set off to the Great Hall.

"Day one," Anne whispered as she made her way next to her.

"What was that?" Roxanne asked.

"Day one in being James' girlfriend," she gushed, "how does it feel?"

"I don't know. . . Exciting, I guess?"

"And why's that?"

"Well, it's James, who knows what he's going to do." Roxanne shrugged.

"Are you cheering him on in their Quidditch match this Saturday?"

"Right, Quidditch season is coming," she thought out loud.

"Yup, too bad you won't be here during the championship, though I think you'll hate it considering Slytherin mostly win," Anne grumbled, "those foul cheating gits."

"Are you part of the team?"

"No, Merlin knows I can't hold on a broom even if my life depended on it," Anne sighed dramatically, "but Juliet is, she actually has this scar from playing."

"Really?" Asked Roxanne in shock, "I didn't know that."

"She's a chaser," Anne mused, "we could cheer her on next week, considering it is the last match you'll see before you leave."

The pair stopped in front of the Great Hall, Roxanne taking her usual seat on the Gryffindor table with Anne walking to Hufflepuff.

James scooted closer to her as he planted a kiss on her cheek, which made the girl blush.

"So Roxanne," Peter said timidly, "now that you're James' girlfriend does that make you our mum now?"

"I always thought Remus was the dad of the group," Roxanne chuckled.

"Technically, I am the eldest," Remus interjected.

"So whoever Remus is dating is the mum of the group, and since there is no one I will be taking the spot for now," she declared.

"So that makes you and Remus our parents?" Peter asked, scratching the back of his neck in confusion.

"No way!" James exclaimed, "me and Roxy here are the only couple in this group so that makes us the parents." He pouted.

"No need to be so jelly, Jameson, me and Remy here are just friends." She nudged the tall boy next to her.

"Oh god, stop being so mushy!" Sirius groaned.

"It wasn't even that mushy!"

"Still, it's mushy."

WHILST LEAVING THE Divination classroom with Remus, the two went off to their next class, which happened to be Potions.

"Don't you think it's weird that I'm the one walking with you instead of James?" Remus asked, out of the blue.

Roxanne shrugged, "Muggle studies is pretty far from Divination, I guess it's understandable that he won't walk with me."

Remus only gave her a pointed look before returning his eyes to the stacks of books on his hands. Roxanne on the other hand, couldn't shake whatever Remus was implying. It sent a shiver down her spine to think that James would hurt her.

She aimlessly put her hand in her cloak when she felt something. A piece of crumpled parchment, she gently lifted it up as Remus was still occupied with his book. Carefully, she uncrumpled the paper to see four words;

You don't know him.

° ° °
author's note:
o.0