20.

A HEART THAT'S   B R O K E
IS A HEART THAT'S BEEN
L O V E D

〽〽〽

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y

LOCKED IN HER ROOM, that's how Roxanne spent the previous days. Just her, laying down in bed, staring off into space. She was leaving tomorrow. Dumbledore informed her the day after the incident that she was to leave Hogwarts on the First of January. Deep down she was still contemplating on staying, but she knew she couldn't. After thinking about the pros and cons, she found it best to leave.

On Christmas she received a few presents, mainly from her roommates, the marauders (which she still hasn't opened) and even from Lily. It warmed her heart, at the thought of having friends even from another dimension.

Everyday she'd hear a knock on the door. Either it was Juliet giving her food to eat, or one of the Marauders desperately trying to apologize. Juliet even informed her that none other than James Potter was camping outside the Hufflepuff common room, waiting for her forgiveness.

Now, Roxanne doesn't want to leave this dimension with bad terms, especially to her friends, even if they didn't saw her as theirs, Roxanne treated them like real friends.

With a sigh, she lifted herself off the bed. Juliet, who was sitting by the bed next to Roxanne's, looked at the blonde in confusion before understanding.

"Are you sure you're ready?" She asked.

Roxanne sighed, "Jules, I'm leaving tomorrow. . . I think they deserve to know I forgive them before I vanish into thin air."

Juliet rolled her eyes before standing up and walking towards the blonde, "now I don't think this is a good idea, mainly because of what they did but as your friend, it's kind of an obligation to support your decision."

Roxanne chuckled lightly before nodding, "I'll miss you, Jules."

"Hey, we can still keep in touch," Juliet smiled, "I'm just one owl away, you know?"

Roxanne only gave her a sad smile, the words that just left her friend's lips made her eyes start to water. The thought of leaving a someone behind was heartbreaking for the girl.

"Hey, don't cry," Juliet whispered, "I'll always be here for you," she said before hugging the girl. Roxanne hugged back, squeezing the girl like her life depended on it.

"I. Will. Miss. Hanging. Out. With. You."

Juliet broke away, "I will to, Xanne."

AS SHE STEPPED OUT the door and turned to the stairs, she saw Remus just by the beginning of the stairs. Roxanne smiled at him, causing the boy to smile as well.

Quickly, Roxanne pushed her feet off the steps and began sprinting down the stairs. Her hands immediately wrapped around Remus' neck as he began to hug back. He nestled his head on her hair as she closed her eyes, missing her friend.

"I missed you, Remus."

"I'm sorry," he whispered. Roxanne broke away from the hug and looked at the boy. "I-i should've done something. . . I should've told you, I shou---"