Bad luck

When lunch is over Jungkook waves his friends goodbye and quickly rushes to the toilet before class starts again. He isn't sure where to find one so he runs around in several hallways until he finds one that looks pretty deserted. He pushes the white door open and lets it close softly. There are a few stalls but his urge to pee fades away as soon as he hears a sound coming from one of the stalls. Broken sobs echo in the small room and they resonate together with occasional hiccups. Jungkook steps to the stall without making much noise. The stall is open and he peeks inside, only to find the brown haired boy again, cold pizza scattered around him with some toilet paper used as tissue. Taehyung senses someone's presence and looks up quickly, wiping his nose on his sleeve. He recognizes the cat boy in front of him and sighs. "What are you doing in here?"

His voice comes out croaky and Jungkook immediately feels bad for the other. This guy doesn't seem evil at all. He's crying in the bathroom with pizza around him. The sight is truly pathetic and Jungkook feels sorry for the older as he tries to get up, slipping a bit on the tiles.

"Go away", Taehyung's croaky voice orders him but the younger is stuck staring at him,"Are you deaf? Go. Away!"

Jungkook flinches at the hard tone and runs out of the room, leaving the, again, crying Taehyung behind.

~

Jimin isn't in school the next day because he has a 'school trip' (It's only for wizards and witches to improve their magic some more) so Jungkook is walking alone to school. He's fairly early that day so he decides to read in the classroom before class starts. He's barely at the fifth page of the Last Olympian as another student walks in. He has never seen this boy before but he has dyed green hair and a yellow backpack slung on his shoulder nonchalantly. They make awkward eye contact and Jungkook quickly dives back into his book, almost pressing his nose against the pages. The boy sits down in the first row and starts typing away on his phone.

Minutes later more students walk in filling the room with chatter until Taehyung decides to show up and the noise dies down. He doesn't seem to notice or he tries to ignore it and walks to the last row of tables. Jungkook notices that no one dares to sit beside him and when the last student walks in, a small girl, the class falls silent again. There's no empty desk left except for the one next to Taehyung. The girl stands frozen in the doorway, staring wide eyed at the table next to the seemingly oblivious brown haired boy who's staring at the blue sky outside. Jungkook can sense her panic and hesitation. He realizes that no one ever sat beside Taehyung because there was always one seat empty. But now Jungkook fills that empty seat, and it's not the one next to the boy. He stands up, his chair making a screeching sound and it makes all the eyes land on him. He smiles warmly at the girl, packs his things and walks over to the table next to Taehyung making everyone gasp. Taehyung looks up bored when he hears the sound and looks up to the cat boy now sitting beside him. The girl who was in the doorway bows politely and rushes to the empty desk. Jungkook really doesn't mind sitting in the last row, especially when the sun is shining down upon him from the window. He closes his eyes and lets his tail swirl behind him. Taehyung stares at him like he's a lunatic.

~

Lunch comes around quickly and the students rush out to the cafeteria. Jungkook hesitates. Jimin isn't in school and he doesn't know his friend too well. He decides to spend his hour outside on a bench that's surrounded by pretty flowers. His tail is loosely wrapped around his wrist as he eats the sandwiches he brought from home. He looks around, happily munching on the food until he gazes upwards and notices a boy standing on the edge of the rooftop again. Jungkook stuffs his sandwiches away and runs inside to the staircase. He runs all the way to the rooftop and is panting and sweating once he's standing outside again.

"T-taehyung", he breathes out, "Step away from the edge".

"You really think I'm going to jump?", the boy doesn't turn around as he already knows who the newcomer is, "I would have done that years ago if I wanted to".

"Then why are you standing so close to the edge?", Jungkook asks confused.

Taehyung turns around, the wind is pulling at his sweater and his hair is blown all over the place. He seems relaxed though, like a weight fell from his shoulders. "I feel free when I'm here. The thrill of falling's so close but still so far away. The howling wind gives me the feeling I'll be able to fly away from this damned school".

Jungkook decides that Taehyung looks like an angel right now even with his hair all over the place and the shivering of his body.

"So you're talking to me again", the older sighs, "Didn't your friends tell you otherwise? Didn't I tell you otherwise?"

"I can be a rebel sometimes", Jungkook shrugs, "And I don't believe the rumors".

"Excuse me?", Taehyung narrows his eyes.

Jungkook crosses his arms, "I don't believe you killed your family, your caretakers or your best friend. I think you're just a really lost boy no one tries to understand".

Taehyung's mouth wants to fall open but he keeps his teeth clenched. Jungkook dares to step a bit closer to the so called 'dangerous boy'. Taehyung is too lost in thought to notice the little steps being taken in his direction. The older gulps when he feels Jungkook's tail brush against his cheek as a tear was sliding down. Jungkook smiles warmly at the taller boy in front of him.

"You're pretty normal. Are you human?", Jungkook asks.

I think so, Taehyung gulps.

"Besides I don't sense a bad aura around you", Jungkook's tail wraps around Taehyung's wrist and pulls him from the edge. He's still in a shocked state and accidently stumbles into Jungkook's small figure. They tumble to the rooftop's ground and Taehyung's quick reflexes help him to push his arms out to catch himself. He lands on top of the younger with his hands placed on either side of Jungkook's head.

He stares into the dark eyes of the hybrid, the black and brown swirling around. Jungkook is frozen on the ground, feeling the pressure of the other on his body.

"That's because you're a black cat", Taehyung breathes out and the warm breath sends shivers down Jungkook's spine.

"You're attracted to bad luck"

Taehyung pushes himself off the ground, grabs his backpack and runs out.

Jungkook is left on the ground staring at the clear sky.

What if I am?

❄️

That incredible moment when your mom decides to make party snacks ^^