Maybe you have a chance

"Auntie?", Xiumin calls, stepping foot inside his aunt's house.

Xiumin tells the rest to stay back to what Jimin replies a 'why?' before he runs into an invisible bubble created around the house. Jimin gets electrocuted, just a little though, and jumps back.

"What the actual fuck!?", Hoseok's yells with widened eyes.

"What the hell was that?", Yoongi exclaims.

Namjoon eyes the house carefully, "It's a barrier created to keep non-humans outside".

"Correct".

A woman around her fifties appears in the doorway, swinging an arm around Xiumin to give him a short-lived hug.

"You're a wise dragon", she tells Namjoon who fidgets on the spot.

"So no one can go inside except for Xiumin?", Jungkook asks, trying to catch his tail so it stops swirling around like crazy.

"Yes, not even a cute kitty like you", she replies, noticing the blush on Jungkook's face once he has his tail and looks her in the eye.

"What about me?"

Xiumin's aunt looks over to a boy standing in the back, far away from Taehyung. "Ah a banshee", she nods, "You can come inside too".

"What about me?", Jimin pouts but the woman shakes her head.

"Normal humans don't do magic young man", she says and takes Xiumin and Jin inside.

"Well isn't this just great", Yoongi huffs, making himself comfortable on the grass. Hoseok places himself down next to him and soon they made a small circle existing out of six people. Jungkook grabs Taehyung's hand in his to calm him down but the older isn't even panicking. He's feels oddly empty, like he doesn't care if a demon could pop out any moment.

"Why does she even have a barrier like that?", Jungkook asks and Namjoon shrugs.

"Probably because after reading a lot of books about mythical creatures she doesn't trust them anymore"

"I wouldn't trust me either", Yoongi replies, "Who would trust a vampire?"

"Or a werewolf", Hoseok points out.

"Or a dragon".

"Everyone trusts Jungkook though", Hoseok pouts.

"That's because he looks like a cute small kitten ready to pounce on you and cuddle you to death",Taehyung speaks up for the first time in a while. Jungkook's face flushes a bright red and buries it into the older's chest, whining 'Taeeeeehyung'. The said boy chuckles and wraps his arm around the hybrid.

"I'm sorry kitten", he pecks the top of Jungkook's head and releases the younger, "But at least you don't have a demon in you".

"True", they all answered, realizing the situation again.

"But you won't have for long", Jungkook speaks up, noticing the gloom mood around the circle. They aren't really reassured with the youngest his words though they try to act happy for the sake of the doomed couple.

"You brought a Kiané!? Xiumin what were you thinking?!"

The group gets startled as Xiumin, Jin and the woman appear outside. Xiumin looks guilty as he shuffles on the spot. The group jumps up from the ground.

"You", his aunt narrows her eyes at Taehyung who looks a bit scared, "You have a Kiané in you, haven't you?"

He nods which sets the woman off even more.

"We're doomed and you brought the doom to me!", she turns herself to her nephew.

"B-but we thought you might know a way to get rid of it", Xiumin stutters, "Please aunt, there must be a way".

She grumbles, crossing her arms. She steps closer to Taehyung examining him from head to toe. Her eyes land on Jungkook who's clinging onto his boyfriend's arm, determined to protect him.

"Don't hurt him", Jungkook scowls, "He's precious to me".

"A hybrid who has fallen in love with a Kiané", she hums, "Strange".

Jungkook's scowl deepens, "I fell in love with the human, not the demon"

Taehyung realizes something hearing those words, head snapping to the hybrid clutching his arm. Jungkook looks up as he feels someone staring at him. His eyes soften once he sees Taehyung gently stare.

"I- I think I love you too", Taehyung stutters, hand gripping the younger's.

"Really!", Jungkook asks surprised, licking his dry lips with nervousness. Taehyung smiles and kisses those lips, grabbing the back of the hybrid's neck to deepen the kiss.

"I love you Jungkook", he whispers, pecking Jungkook's nose who giggles from the feeling.

An echo of 'awee' goes around the garden which makes the couple blush, realizing there were people staring at them.

"Maybe you could be saved after all", she mutters.

"What?", Jimin asks.

"The Kiané can be exorcised though it's a very painful experience for you where you get offered two choices, death or alive. Tell me, how long has it been using you as its host?"

Taehyung thinks for a moment, "Around three years I think".

"Then you must feel empty by now", she states, "It will not take long before it'll be on its strongest and crawl out of you. Tell me, how many times have you tried killing yourself?"

Anxious and surprised glances go around the garden, Jungkook of course already knowing about these attempts.

"Maybe... 15 times?", Taehyung sighs, scratching his head, "Or more... I didn't really keep count you know?"

Everyone except Jungkook and the woman seem shocked at this reveal, gasps and shrieks heard in the background.

"Tae...", Jimin starts, feeling sadness engulf him.

"That's a lot", Hoseok finishes the younger's sentence.

Taehyung scoffs, "Imagine everyone telling you everyday to kill yourself because you're a monster. Of course you try, and when you fail, you keep trying. If it was my choice, I would have died a long time ago and everyone in school would be relieved".

"That's horrible", Yoongi mumbles.

"You supported it though", Taehyung narrows his eyes, clenching his fists until he feels a warm & smaller hand slipping in his which makes his expression soften, "Except for Jungkook. He was the only one who cared about me, ignoring the rumors".

Xiumin's aunt glances between the hybrid and the Kiané before muttering, "Interesting... Taehyung, the process will be very painful and most people in your situation would choose for death but you... I think you might have potential to survive this. You still have... something or someone to hold onto". Her gaze flickers between the two boys once again, "Are you ready for that?"

Taehyung gulps, tightening the hold on Jungkook's hand, "Yes. I want this over with, I don't want to die anymore".

❄️

This is so lame k bye

Double update bc it's my 18th birthday today!