Thank you

Aish why is he so cute?? U want me dead Tae??

Both boys study for the remaining time. Jungkook's mother arrives home earlier than expected and agrees to bring her son's friend home. Jungkook might be oblivious most of the time but he did catch the look of panic in the older's eyes when she ushered him to the car. "I'll go with you", the hybrid smiles and jumps in the backseat next to Taehyung. The older doesn't want to admit the sigh of relief that escaped his lips when he felt the familiar presence next to him.

"So where do you live?", his mom asks, looking in the rear mirror, catching the boy's eyes.

Taehyung mumbles an address, the quickest one he can think of, and they drive off. Jungkook tells his mom about his day in school, the occasional swing of his tail hits Taehyung, making him blush just slightly. Jungkook's mom asks Taehyung some questions too and he tries his best to answer them as good as possible. He isn't sure why, but he wants to be seen in a better light by Jungkook's mother. He wants to proof to the Jeon family that he's a good guy. He's very confused with that. Normally he takes on the persona people want him to be. If the students at school see him as a monster then he'll play the part. It also makes him able to skip the lunch line.

But Jungkook seems to look right through his monster façade, not caring about the rumors going around. He sees the person behind the mask, but Taehyung isn't sure what's behind it, and if it's any better than what people think of him.

"Here we are", his mom speaks up, waking Taehyung up from his thinking. He looks outside and sees a big house with a swingset in the yard and flowers in every color blooming in the front.

"What a pretty house", Jungkook says in awe, his dark eyes twinkling.

"Yeah...", Taehyung clears his throat, "Well um thank you for bringing me home".

"It's alright honey", the woman smiles warmly at him.

He hops out of the car and looks behind to see Jungkook bouncing on his seat waving goodbye with a large smile on his face. The older chuckles dryly and waves one last time to please the younger. The car drives backwards from the driveway and disappears out of the street. Taehyung sighs relieved and fixes the strap of his backpack. He glances at the giant house and walks away from it, onto the street. His real house is two streets away from this one.

He didn't want Jungkook to see in what a dump he really lives in. He doesn't want to make a bad impression for some unknown reason. It's not like he doesn't like his house, it's the only place that feels like home to him even though he only lived there since two years. Taehyung isn't surprised to walk up the driveway and see no lights on in the house. His uncle is almost never home. He has a busy job, expecting him to travel around all the time. It doesn't pay well but at least it lets them keep a roof above their heads and food on the plate. The creaky door shuts closed and the familiar scent relaxes Taehyung.

He drops his backpack on the floor and himself on the couch. His stomach rumbles loudly in the silent house. Realization hits him way too hard. There's no food left. He'll need to visit the supermarket soon.

"Or I don't eat anything", Taehyung mumbles into the pillow he has stuffed his face in. His stomach grumbles in reply.

"Ugh alright then", Taehyung glares at his stomach and reaches for the wallet on the small table. He gets back up, grabs his jacket and walks back out to the store only a few blocks away. Once he arrives there he grabs the most essential things needed and goes to the check out. When he pulls his wallet out of his pocket, a small paper whirls down onto the white tiles of the store.

What's this, Taehyung asks himself and goes to pick it up as his items get scanned.

Before he can examine the little note his items get pushed into his arms by the annoyed cashier. He realizes it's a girl from his grade who probably knows of his reputation. He looks at his items and snorts mentally. She probably didn't expect a monster to buy toilet paper with little hearts on them. He quickly pays and runs outside of the store, feeling even more dirty stares on him.

Taehyung sets his groceries down on the kitchen island when he's finally home, and begins to unload it. After he finishes this he starts cooking. He isn't an expert at it but he learnt some recipes from watching cooking shows out of boredom. Just as he sits down to eat he remembers the little note he found in his pocket earlier.

It's crumbled so he tries to flatten it against the kitchen counter. He squints his eyes to read the messy handwriting.

Here's my phone number if you want to hang out sometime or if you feel lonely. I'll always be here :)  After all, that's what best friends do !–Jungkook x

For some reason Taehyung feels a burning sensation on his face. He touches his lips and realizes he's smiling.

Thank you Jungkook, he holds the note against his chest, thank you for making me smile.

Tbh the new Sheppard song (Keep me crazy) is the theme song of this fanfic. I heard it on the radio a few days ago and it made me immediately think of this story.