Fighting & flirting

Jungkook and Taehyung sit outside on a bench on the school grounds

Jungkook and Taehyung sit outside on a bench on the school grounds. Jungkook convinced him to have lunch somewhere else than the roof. After a lot of whining and arguing Taehyung finally gave in, having sympathy with the hybrid's fear of heights. A vending machine stands in the corner of the open space and the smaller boy tugs at Taehyung's sleeve, pointing at the candy selling machine.

"Can we buy some candy?", he pouts, "Pleaseee".

Ever since Taehyung opened up a bit to Jungkook, the hybrid has been getting more clingy, sending glares at the students who dared to insult his human friend.

"Fine", the brown haired boy roll his eyes and gives Jungkook some coins to buy candy. He watches the hybrid walk off, his black sleek tail waving in the air behind him. He leans his chin on his hand, munching on his cold sandwich.

"Hey"

Taehyung looks up, his heart thudding loudly when he sees yellow eyes staring him down. Another pair of green and red eyes stand beside him. He recognizes one boy as Jungkook's best friend.

"Jimin... right?", he asks, ignoring the other's scary gaze.

The black haired boy scoffs and crosses his arms.

"Yeah that's me. How can you even act normal with a vampire, dragon and werewolf standing in front of you?"

"I'm good a suppressing fear?", Taehyung questions, shrugging. He notices a boy standing in the distance, staring at them.

"Who's that?", he asks, motioning over to the black haired male.

"Don't look directly at him! He'll get a heart attack if he stares into the eyes of a monster", Hoseok snaps, growling dangerously.

"Ah he's a banshee", Taehyung nods, leaving the boy alone, "So why am I granted with your presences?"

Yoongi slams his hand down on the table, making Taehyung's sandwich fall on the ground.

"I was still going to eat that...", the brown haired boy mumbles, staring sadly at his lunch.

"Can you shut up for a second?", Namjoon growls lowly. Taehyung frowns but shuts up anyway.

"We're here to warn you", Hoseok starts.

"To leave Jungkook alone", Jimin continues.

"Or else you'll have to deal with us", Yoongi finishes.

Taehyung sighs and gets up, placing his hands on the table too. He notices Jungkook standing behind the other boys with a shocked but sad expression, holding two bags of candy.

"Jungkook chose to befriend me, I didn't force him to talk to me. He's nice, sweet and doesn't care what some false rumors say. He's my friend now too so you better learn to live with that", I state. They all blink at me, except Jungkook who's blushing cutely.

Hoseok's eyes glow dangerously, "You fucker-"

"Guys. Stop", Jungkook speaks up a little timid.

Hoseok drops his fist and they all turn around at the sound of the soft voice.

"Kookie?", Jimin questions, "We-"

"Were threatening my friend", Jungkook finishes, his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"But-"

"I don't wanna hear it", he pouts, walking over to Taehyung and stuffing a bag of candy into his hands, "Come Tae, I got our candy but we'll find somewhere else to eat this".

He pulls the human boy towards the stairs leading to the rooftop and Taehyung smiles sweetly at the other boys standing frozen at the table.

~

"I'm sorry that happened", Jungkook sighs, chewing on a gummy bear.

"It's alright", Taehyung smiles, throwing a gummy bear in the air and catching it in his mouth.

"Why are you so nice and why don't people see that?", the hybrid pouts cutely, shuffling closer to the older.

"Because they don't give me the chance", Taehyung replies, feeling Jungkook's tail hitting his side.

"Well it's sucks for them to not get to know such a great person", Jungkook smiles brightly, making Taehyung's heart beat a bit faster. He's sure he can feel tears well up in his eyes. No one has ever said that to him before.

"Tae?", the younger asks worried seeing tears roll down the other's cheek, "Did I say something wrong?"

Taehyung sobs at the mention of his nickname. He grabs Jungkook and pulls him closer, engulfing him in a hug. The tension and burden constantly eating him on the inside fade away when Jungkook hugs him back. It's been so long since he had someone to lean on. The hybrid rubs soothing circles on the other's back, his tail wrapping itself around Taehyung's bicep. The older sighs relieved, melting into the other's heath. When they release each other they both realize what position they're in. Taehyung pulled Jungkook on his lap and their faces are only inches apart. Time seems frozen as they stare into each other's eyes, both searching for an answer to what the other is thinking.

The bell goes but neither of the boys wants to move.

"T-the bell", Jungkook stutters, his arms still loosely around Taehyung's neck.

"I heard it", Taehyung licks his dry lips. He catches the glint in the other's eyes.

"We better go", the younger leans in a bit, his dark eyes sparkling.

"You're right", Taehyung whispers, fluttering his eyes closed, feeling Jungkook's tail brush against his chest.

"We'll be late", Jungkook breathes against the older's lips.

"Fuck being late", Taehyung growls, pressing his lips against Jungkook's warm ones.