Belly butterflies

The moment Taehyung woke up, is the moment he realized he fucked up. How was he going to be able to go to school? No bus rode in this part of town and he couldn't drive a car because his uncle uses it. If he wants to walk to school he would have to start walking now, but he rather be late than miss breakfast and his usual morning shower. He quickly jumps into the shower, shampooing himself and rinsing his hair and body. His breakfast consists of a small toast and one cup of coffee. He ponders in the kitchen for a moment, glancing nervously at his phone screen.

Should he-

I mean... It wouldn't hurt to try right?

He pressed in Jungkook's number and waited for the phone to start ringing. After the fifth ring a soft morning voice spoke through the speakers.

"Hello?"

Taehyung ignored his heart beating somewhat faster and sighed deeply, preparing himself.

"Hi Jungkook, it's Taehyung", he answers.

"Oh, hi Tae!", Jungkook giggles happily and Taehyung again ignores the churning of his stomach.

"Um, I have a question. My bike is broken and uh I don't-"

"Of course we can pick you up!", Jungkook speaks up, "I'll tell my mom and we'll meet you at your house in ten".

"O-okay", Taehyung stutters embarrassingly, "See you then".

"Bye bye"

Taehyung slips the phone in his pocket and swings his backpack on his shoulder. He furrows his eyebrows in doubt. Jungkook immediately knew what he wanted to ask. How can he be so nice to him? And now he was driving to his house to bring him to school.

Taehyung widened his eyes in realization. Jungkook wouldn't be driving to this house, but the other address! Taehyung sprinted through the door, quickly locking it and running all the way to the fancy house, hoping he was earlier than them. The moment he got in front of the house, Jungkook's car stopped on the road. He let out a breath of relief. He was on time.

"Hey Tae! Get in", Jungkook yelled from the backseat and Taehyung cringed, hoping the actual owners didn't hear the yelling. He ran to the car and hopped onto the backseat, setting himself next to the young hybrid, whose tail immediately wrapped around Taehyung's bicep. He had stopped flinching away from Jungkook's touch since he knew the younger didn't care about personal space.

"What are you going to do about your bike?", Jungkook asked with doe eyes as the car started driving again.

"Probably try to fix it after school", Taehyung replied casually. To be honest, he had no idea how to fix a bike but it's not like he'd admit that.

"Are you sure?", Jungkook asked carefully, "My dad could fix it! He's very good at those things".

"No, it's alright, I don't want to be a bother", he waved it off.

"You are not a bother Taehyung", his mom replied from the driver's seat, "My husband will repair it".

"O-okay", the brown haired boy nodded, finally agreeing with them. Jungkook smiled sweetly at him and even grabbed his hand when they got out of the car. He swung their hands as they stepped through the front gates, drawing a lot of unwanted attention to the two boys. Taehyung retracted his hand, ignoring Jungkook's frowning face and sped walked into the school. He hated how his body reacted to the small boy, but he hated the other student's reaction even more.

"Are you still scared about the fact people will hate me for spending time with you?", a soft voice asked him from behind him. Taehyung sighed and gripped the hybrid's shoulder when he turned around.

"I just- You know what- Never mind. It's your choice, I'll let it slide", he sighs.

"Good, 'cause I'm not leaving you", Jungkook said determined, crossing his arms sternly.

"You're going to regret it though", he replied, turning back around and walking to class.

"Never!", Jungkook yelled and ran after him into the classroom.

~

Lunch was spent on the rooftop and Jungkook hammered on the fact Taehyung should really try sushi.

"No", Taehyung shook his head, "I don't like fish and especially not raw"

The hybrid gasped overdramatically, "How can you not like fish!?"

"Well of course you like fish you're-"

"Don't", Jungkook warned, "I already know what you're going to say. Not all cats like fish".

"Sure", Taehyung rolled his eyes and before he could protest a roll of sushi was stuffed into his mouth. He coughed a little, swallowing the food in one go.

"That was terrible", he stuck out his tongue in disgust.

"You just don't appreciate the great things in life", Jungkook huffed, stuffing his face full of sushi.

I appreciate you though, he thought to himself.

"Tae"

"Yeah?"

The hybrid's look gave Taehyung chills.

"A-are you... really... an orphan?", Jungkook asked timidly. Taehyung almost coughed up the sandwich he was eating. That was unexpected.

"Oh my god sorry!", Jungkook hit his back a few times to stop the coughing, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked"

His tail wrapped around his small frame as protection, scared of Taehyung's outburst but it never came. Taehyung regained his normal breathing and put the sandwich down.

"It's true", he shrugged, "My parents died in a car crash. I survived for some unknown reason".

"And your best friend?", Jungkook's eyes widened at Taehyung's calm answer.

Taehyung scratched his neck awkwardly, "He died too, but the reason is somewhat off. He tripped down the stairs and broke his neck. Of course everyone in the school blamed me because I was at his house when it happened. But I would have never killed him. I was waiting for him to come back from the bathroom to continue our videogame".

"So everyone suspects you because you were always nearby when someone dies", Jungkook trails off, "That's horrible though! You lose people close to you by terrible accidents and you get people hating you for it".

"Yeah... I guess... Sometimes I wonder if I'm really a monster", Taehyung pokes his sandwich, suddenly not being hungry anymore.

Now it's Jungkook's time to choke on his food. "Wh-what?", he croaks out, "Why?"

"I should have died in that car crash Jungkook", the older mutters, "I survived without a scratch and that's not normal".

Jungkook shuffles closer and wraps his small arms around the other, "I'm glad you survived Taehyung".

Taehyung sighs and for the first time, he's glad he survived too, but it has surely nothing to do with the warm arms wrapped around him belonging to a cute boy named Jeon Jungkook.

IM BACK BACK AGAIN

SO MANY NEW STORIES TO WRITE SO LITTLE TIME BC OF EXAMS