Boy vs Evil

Jungkook was pretty sure he had died and gone to heaven. What he saw was nearly impossible. He was sure he had seen his boyfriend being dead. But there he was, alive and well without a single trace of blood or bruises on his body. Taehyung hung in the air, two huge black wings stood proudly on his back. A sort of glowing halo flew above his head as a reminder that Taehyung was anything but human right now. He was a literal angel, a dark one to be exact.

The Kiané was enraged to see Taehyung alive. At a sudden burst of rage he threw Jungkook at Taehyung to knock him out of the air. The hybrid yelled as he was flying through the air at a huge speed but his body suddenly stilled. He dared to open one eye and saw Taehyung looking down upon him with a fond smile on his lips. The angel had caught Jungkook in his arms, now descending to put the hybrid back on the ground where Hoseok was already waiting to take him to safety.

"T-Taehyung?", Jungkook stuttered softly, still not believing his boyfriend was holding him in his arms.

"This is my fight. I'll take care of the Kiané from now on", Taehyung smiled, quickly pecking Jungkook on the forehead before handing him to the werewolf who quickly dashed away as soon as the hybrid was seated on his back.

Jungkook broke down once more after realization settled in that his boyfriend was really alive and now taking on the Kiané on his own.

"P-Please d-don't die", he sobbed though Taehyung couldn't hear it any longer, "N-not again".

The rest was gathered as far away from the fight on the field as possible. They were trying to heal as fast as possible so they could go and help Taehyung but Areum stopped them. Yoongi scowled at her, trying not to strangle her because it was evident Taehyung needed help after being almost killed by the Kiané.

"Not almost", Areum stated which confused the others.

"What do you mean?", Jimin asked. Xiumin stared at his aunt like she was talking crazy but he soon widened his eyes.

"You don't mean-"

"Yes, that's exactly what I mean Xiumin", she nodded, turning to the others, "Taehyung was never fully human. His parents must have not known or have never told him but Taehyung has always been an angel".

"What!?", everyone gasped, frowns passing through the boys.

"Can you explain a bit more?", Jungkook asked softly, eyes still glancing every now and then to his boyfriend who was soaring around the demon.

"Well", Areum took in a deep breath, "Some angels get reborn when they die. It's totally random in which family they'll be reborn so I wouldn't be surprised if his parents had never known about their child being an angel. Taehyung probably didn't know about this either. When the Kiané took control of him and let him murder people, he turned from an angel to a fallen one since killing is one of the biggest sins there is. That's what you're seeing right now, a fallen angel battling against a demon. They are basically both sources of evil that are hated by everyone, the only exception is the fact that Taehyung still has his human side. His human side has an incredible sense of goodness while his angel side has a bad influence. He's a combination of both good and evil".

"I'm dating... an angel?", Jungkook muttered, eyes big and mouth agape.

"A fallen one yes", Areum nodded, "But don't worry too much about the 'evil' part. Taehyung is more good than bad just like most people in this world".

"But how did he survive?", Jin asked.

"He didn't", Xiumin answered this time, "His human side died but the angel side that got suppressed, when the Kiané took control, was still alive. The angel slowly recovered the human side while we were fighting the demon".

"Uh guys... Shouldn't we focus on the fight right now?", Hoseok asked, pointing at Taehyung who was diving at the demon who tried lashing out.

"This is his fight. Only he can destroy his demon", Areum sighed.

"That's deep", Namjoon pointed out and Areum shrugged.

"But it's the truth".

Jungkook watched the fight with pained eyes. Every time Taehyung got slammed to the ground or out of the air he winced, wanting nothing more to help the other. But what could he do? He was only a hybrid.

Taehyung on the other hand had never felt this much adrenaline rushing through his veins. The wind hitting his face every time he dived down only made his lust to fight grow. Black smoke engulfed him at times and he could create lightning to zap the Kiané. Fire did nothing to the demon but lightning sure was his weak spot. The demon growled as he stumbled backwards due the pain he was experiencing. Taehyung only laughed and created more electricity out of his body which wore him out every time he did but there was no other way. Even though his body stood full of scratches and one of his legs was hurt he kept going until-

The Kiané successfully hit one of his wings which made Taehyung wobble in the air, unable to keep himself flying he spiraled headfirst to the ground. He heard someone scream his name, probably Jungkook, before he hit the field with a loud crash. The Kiané had already scrambled back on his feet, now looming over the literally fallen angel.

Jungkook tried running to him but was held back by his friends, telling him his idea was pure suicide.

Taehyung grunted and opened his eyes, watching the Kiané smirk down upon him. The demon grabbed him from the ground while the angel was still recovering from the blow and started crushing him in his hand like he had done to his boyfriend before. He heard screams echo around the field, knowing his friends were calling for him.

"Y-You won't win", Taehyung spat through gritted teeth.

The Kiané let out something that vaguely sounded like a laugh. Taehyung decided that the demon was challenging him and put on a menacing expression.

"See you in hell".

From all the strength he still had in his body he created a bold of thunder big enough to explode around him, successfully blowing up the Kiané's arm and... the rest of its body. Taehyung dropped down on the ground where a big crater had formed from the explosion.

Jungkook was now finally released and he ran to his boyfriend, occasionally stumbling over his feet from the adrenaline. He fell to his feet before Taehyung and saw the charred skin of the other. His body seemed to steam from the electricity and when Jungkook tried to hold his hand he flinched away from the jolt of electricity running through him.

"I-Is he...", Jungkook started, tears already welling up in his eyes.

"I'm alright Kookie", Taehyung croaked out, eyes now open and looking at him.

"Taehyung!", Jungkook yelled, wanting to hug and kiss the other but he was aware of the electricity.

"You can kiss all day as soon as we fix up Taehyung", Areum said, standing around the couple with the rest of the boys, "Good job Taehyung".

"It was my pleasure", Taehyung smiled, and he finally felt at peace knowing his demon was gone forever and unable to hurt the people he loved.

❄️

This book is nearing its end