Pity me

Sometimes you just need to sit under a burning hot shower and drown into the empty feeling growing inside of you

Taehyung's P.O.V

He might have said yes and became my boyfriend, and he might have told me he has fallen in love with me, I know I shouldn't trust his words although they warm my heart more than it should. I'm sure he wouldn't have reacted the same way if he hadn't heard about my multiple suicide attempts. He might like me, but he absolutely doesn't love me. Out of all the emotions raging through him the biggest one is probably pity and I hate to be pitied. He has mistaken that pity for love and I don't blame him for it. With our messy hair and tangled limbs on my bed, enjoying the sloppy kisses we share I realize that I don't care about how he truly feels for me at the moment. As long as he'll stay by my side I don't care if he's in denial of not being able to love me.

Jungkook pulls back from the heated kiss and nuzzles his head into my chest, sliding his leg in between mine. I can call him mine now, my boyfriend, and I'm thrilled and terrified at the same time. All the people who ever came close to me died and I don't want the same to happen to the small hybrid whose tail is wrapped around my wrist.

"TaeTae?", he calls out and I hum against his black soft hair. A short silence follows and I wonder what's taking so long.

"Have you ever thought about the possibility that you aren't human?"

I almost scoff at his silly question because of course it has been on my mind before. A human dies from blood loss with slit wrists, a human isn't able to breathe hanging from the ceiling with a rope tied around his neck, and a normal fragile human being surely can't get right back up from a fall that high. There's something wrong with me but I've been too nervous to actually look for the cause of it.

Realizing I still haven't answered his question I nod against his head, "Yeah".

He doesn't respond and I guess he's lost in thought again. Maybe he's thinking about the possible things I could be. Maybe I turn out to be a monster like everyone thought. Maybe I killed my parents at a young age, purposely drawing my dad's attention away from the road. Maybe I did kill Hansol who didn't fall off the stairs but was killed a whole other way, one that's too painful to remember. I feel Jungkook slightly tense in my arms and I wonder if he's thinking the same things as me.

"What's wrong?", I mumble, pressing a soft kiss to his temple.

"I-I thought- It doesn't matter, I'm probably just imagining things", he waves it off, smiling up at me.

"Okay", I smile back slowly, going back to kiss his lips, enjoying the way he immediately kisses back, tilting his chin a little to the right. I wrap my arms around his waist and pull him closer, like that was even possible.

Jungkook Jungkook Jungkook

He's all I can think off and I'm sure I'm drowning in him if I was able to ever drown.

Jungkook's P.O.V

I was sure I didn't hear his heartbeat through his chest. Am I imagining things?