Red

Mikoto and 3rd person POV~.

Mikoto woke up to see Y/N's head on the couch as well. She was sleeping like him. He looked around to see all of HOMRA silently talking to each other. 'They are being quiet for once'. he thought. They seemed to have already talked about the two that were sleeping and now they were over it. Mikoto tapped Y/N's shoulder lightly. She opened her eyes and looked around. Her eyes widened and she was about to talk, until Mikoto covered her mouth. He put his index finger against his lip. Y/N nodded and relaxed. Mikoto removed his hand and came closer to her. He whispered in her ear "Don't let them know we are awake yet. We have things we need to discuss first." She nodded. "I don't want them to know I'm part of HOMRA until I can control my power" she whispered. Bando turned around and saw them awake. He nudged Yata's shoulder. Pretty soon all of them were looking at Mikoto  and Y/N. "So Mikoto, what did you guys do last night?" Izumo asked while smirking. Mikoto glared at Izumo. "Get your mind out of the gutters. I explained everything, that's all." He growled at Izumo. "And the sleeping?" He pushed. "We were both tired" Mikoto responded. "Tired from what?" He continued. "From the day before, idiot!" Y/N said. "It was a long day" she continued. Everyone was slightly shocked that she spoke. "Why are you to sleeping next to each other then?" Yata asked. Y/N blushed. "To be honest I don't know" Mikoto said as he turned to Y/N. Y/N's cheeks flushed a darker red. She looked away from everyone. "Y/N?" Everyone said.  "Fine.  I felt bad for taking the couch from Mikoto.  He had fallen asleep before me and I knew I could not lift him so instead I slept like him so it would be even." She mumbled.  Mikoto sighed while everyone laughed.  He glanced at Y/N and their eyes said the words for them.  They got up and walked out the door, leaving the HOMRA members confused.  "Where should we go so that I can freely practice?" Y/N asked Mikoto.  "Let's wait" He said.  "Why!" Y/N asked.  "I'll teach you once everyone is asleep." He said.  Y/N nodded and they walked back in the bar.  "Hey Y/N come join us we are playing a game." Yata yelled.  At first Yata had blushed every time he looked at Y/N.  However, now Anna and Her were the only females he could talk to.  They were throwing marbles into wine glasses.  "Won't they break?" Y/N asked.  "Don't worry.  I reinforced them with my flames." Izumo said.  "Okay.  I'll play." Y/N said.  She grabbed one of the marbles and threw it toward the wine glass.  It made it in and then bounced out.  She let out an exasperated moan and grabbed another marble.  Just when she was about to release it from her hand, Rikio bumped into her sending the marble flying.  It bounced off the counter and flew in the direction of...THEIR KING.  It hit Mikoto's head and everyone shrunk back.  He got up and the marble melted in front of his foot.  He walked up to the group and grabbed the marbles.  Mikoto walked back to his couch and sat down.  He set them all on the floor and they turned into a puddle.  Sighing he put his head back and fell asleep.  Everyone looked around at each other in fear.  They all sat down and quietly drank water or alcohol. 

3rd person POV ~

The day went on with just quiet lounging.  At one point Mikoto had gotten off the couch and was now sitting next to Y/N.  Y/N was sandwiched between Mikoto and Izumo.  "Mikoto, I sense a difference in the atmosphere.  Should we consider Y/N family now?" Izumo asked.  "We already have, since day one." Mikoto mumbled.  Y/N's eyes lit up, "Thanks!" She exclaimed.  Izumo chuckled and got up to refill his drink.  "It's getting later"  
Y/N said as she looked at the sun, which was slowly sinking.  Mikoto hummed in agreement.  Anna came up and said, "Mikoto, your red, you gave some to Y/N.". Y/N eyes widened 'She can tell!" She thought.  Mikoto closed his eyes, silently telling Anna that she was right.  She nodded and walked up to Yata.  Yata leaned down and began talking with her.  Izumo sat back down and all three of them sat in silence.  After awhile, HOMRA members started to head off to bed or home. Pretty soon everyone was gone except, Mikoto and Y/N who were sitting on the bar stools. "I guess it's time." Mikoto said, looking at the ceiling. Y/N nodded and stood up. Flames formed around the both of them. They covered every inch of his body. He sent the fire towards her. It burned and stung. Y/N fell to her knees. However, the pain stopped. It suddenly felt warm, comforting. It was like Mikoto. When Y/N first met him, he was terrifying. Now, he was comforting and cold. She felt heat surge through her veins. It hurt. She squirmed and panted. Mikoto's eyes widened and he crouched down next to Y/N. Her skin was crawling and she was so frightened she couldn't hear Mikoto beside her. He grabbed her and violently threw her out the door of the hot and stuffy bar. She was having a panic attack. Mikoto grabbed her jacket and ripped it off her body. The cold night air pierced her skin and she slowly relaxed. Y/N was panting and heaving as she tried to calm down. "Problem with a girl with amnesia: she doesn't know her illnesses and weaknesses" Mikoto mumbled. "You must not do well in heat, and also, I think you have asthma (if you don't then for this story you do).  Mikoto sat down next to her and put his hand on her shoulder.  She relaxed completely.  Her body lit up.  Flames circling around her.  Red.  A stunning red burned in front of her eyes.  "There, I awoke the flames within your body earlier.  Of course, no one has ever had a panic attack when I did it before."  Mikoto explained.  Mikoto slid his hand down her arm to grab her hand.  His body suddenly emitted flames as well.  The two flames mixed and she felt them forming into something.  Mikoto made the flames into the HOMRA symbol.  Her eyes widened.  "Once you can do that, you have controlled your flames" Mikoto said.  "This time I helped you so you knew what it felt like when the flames are controlled" He explained.  He then released his grip on her hand and slid farther away to give her room.  He lit a cigarette and quietly looked around at the scenery outside around them, since they were outside the bar.  Y/N attempted to do what Mikoto had done, however instead of controlling her flames, a ring of flames shot from her body.  They hit Mikoto.  He smirked and went back to looking around.  Y/N sighed.  "This is going to be a LONG night" Mikoto mumbled.