Chapter 1

Picture of Denae 

Edited (Someone helped me realize I wrote passive a lot so I tried to fix some of it. &&& I changed the description of Roman. He wasn’t hot enough. Lol)

   So I'm pregnant. Big whoop. When I turned sixteen, I found my mate. He just happened to be Roman Watts, the alpha of our pack. That day was perfect. I had woken up to birthday presents that morning; my parents threw me the best birthday party any sixteen year old could ask for. I wore a short purple gown, it was gorgeous. It stopped just above my knees.

My mother curled my hair so it flowed in long brown curls down my back and did my makeup. She was excited that I could find my mate. So the party was going great, there were hundreds of people there. Many of them were hoping to be my mate, and honestly some I wouldn't have minded. There were a lot of genuinely sweet guys there, they didn't put on a show or try too hard. When we realize we're not mates, some would ask if they could just be my friend.

I had started to lose hope in finding my other half until Roman walked in the door. I noticed just how sexy his straight hair is. His hair hangs down below his shoulders. His skin was like coffee with heavy cream, tan but almost white. Yup, that's Roman. I also noticed how the light made his green eyes glow beautifully. I noticed how strong his body was, I wanted to be in his arms the moment I saw him. He had the perfect smile, his teeth perfectly aligned. I felt like the luckiest person in the world. Instantly my heart beat for him. I wanted him in every way. I wanted to be his everything. Don't get so excited. He turned out to be a bigger jack ass than he was before I found out he was my mate.

  Everything seemed perfect for a while. Roman had put away his childish ways and it seemed like he was ready to commit. Roman had always been one to get around. Every sixteen year old woman in the pack wished that he had been their mate. Honestly, I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy. He is the devil. A few months my birthday he started to change. At first I just thought it was jealousy, but then he got possessive and rude. That led me being verbally and physically abused.

If I had known he was going to treat me like this I would have rejected him. I wouldn't have fallen for his little tricks and I sure as hell wouldn't have let him complete the mating process. It was the worst damn thing I have ever done. I hate to look at the mark he left on me when we mated. When you marked your mate, it's supposed to signify the love you have for your mate. He doesn't love me. If he did he wouldn't treat me like this. I would be happy if he would have just rejected me first instead of torturing me.

 I just found out I'm pregnant this morning so nobody knows yet. And to be quite frank, I'm not going to tell them. And Roman? I'm getting the hell away from him and this pack. Even my mother thinks I should just let him do what he wants to me. Seriously mom? My father has never hit her, he's never pushed her down the stairs, and he’s never accused her of sleeping with other men.

How could she tell me something like this? I don't need them; I can do this on my own. I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure Roman never sees my baby. I don't care what I have to do. My child will never call him daddy. I'll be its mother and its father. As long as I'm alive and well, my child will be fine without him. 

  I really don't know how I'm going to escape yet. He's always here. He made me move in with him after her marked me. He's three years older than me so he has his own house. It was a big house, really fancy. You could consider it a pack house, there were always wolves there. In and out, back and forth, all damn day long. He has everything he had ever wanted. He's spoiled.