Chapter 13

Adam took me shopping and I swear we bought everything in the store. We took Sashay along with us, she wanted to buy her birthday dress. She's so excited that she might find her mate. I had to keep reminding her that her birthday is still two months away. It didn't stop her from talking about it. Adam bought me the cutest sun dress for when I'm really big. He also bought more things for the nursery.

When we got back to the house, he and Sashay helped me put away my things. "That was fun." Adam said looking around feeling accomplished. He's officially bought everything a baby could think to need.

"I didn't find a dress though." Sashay whined. She looked amazing in all the dresses she tried on but she said none of them were her.

"We'll go again before your birthday." I ensured her. "Everything will be perfect." I hope she finds her mate, she's such an amazing girl.

"I hope so." She said. "Hey, when is Dina coming back? I wanted to ask her to come with us next time." They wont be able to make it this round. Everything is crazy back home and Marty has gone on a rampage. He's trying to keep Dina from coming back. He thinks I'm nothing but trouble and she should have never let me back into her life.

So much for rebuilding my relationship with him. I know Dina wont just throw me away, she's gotten me this far, why would she just drop me now? "It'll be next month some time I believe." I said.

"Next time she calls you, make shopping plans." She squeaked. "Well I'm off to bed, school tomorrow." I hugged her and said goodnight. Adam decided to hang around for a while, it was still early. Sashay just likes to study so she pretends she's tired.

"Did you have fun today?" Adam asked flopping down on the couch in the corner of my room. I went and sat beside him.

"I had a blast!" I said smiling. He chuckled. We sat in silence for a few minutes. "Adam?" I said leaning back against him. He threw his arm over me.

"Whats up?" He asked. It's crazy how I can be this close to him and not feel anything. He's completely my type, he's handsome, he's smart, he's funny, he's everything I want! Even though he's the type of guy I could see myself with I don't feel anything for him.

When I kissed him, I didn't feel the slightest flicker of romance. Even when he kissed me back, nothing. Dont get me wrong, Adam is a fabulous kisser and if the feelings had been there we would have done much more than that.

"Youre the best friend ever." I replied smiling up at him. He smiled and ran his fingers through my hair.

"I know!" He said cheerfully. I snuggled myself into his side.

"Tell me a story." I said.

"What kind of story?" He asked thinking. I really didn't care what kind of story it was.

"What were your parents like?" I asked looking up at him. He sat and thought for a few minutes.

"Well my dad was tough, you needed permission to do any everything. I guess it's because he was Alpha but he still made it fun I guess. We had some good times, fishing trips, camping, shit like that. He was really a great father, he just had his own way of doing things."