Chapter 6

(Roman's P.O.V.)

 "What is it Cody?" I asked sleepily into the phone. I looked over at the clock, it was only seven in the morning. What the hell does he want at this time of morning? What ever it is, it better be good.

"She's gone Roman." He said quickly. I jumped out of the bed furious.

"What the fuck happened?" I growled into the phone. My fucking mate was gone? She promised me she wouldn't try to run. I thought I was finally proving to her that I was trying and that I loved her.

'I hate her!' My wolf growled. 

'Shut up!' I yelled at him. 'Youre the reason all of this is happening! Why wont you just get the fuck out of my head?!'

'I wont leave until she is dead.' he replied with a laugh. I blocked him out so I could listen to what ever bullshit explanation Cody has for losing my mate.

"I don't know. I went home last night and when I came back Mrs. Dodds told me she saw a man come into the house and when he left he took Denae with him." He said. What? There was another man in my house? With MY mate?! She had found someone else and given up on me. If only I had told her that it wasn't me who hated her, and that it was my wolf, she probably would have stayed with me. "He was a human, but he was wearing a ski mask. He robbed you man."

"Why didn't she shift and fight him?" I asked confused. She knows how to protect herself, she is very strong. I just wish I was the one protecting her, instead I hurt her every day since this thing took over me.

"He had a gun Roman." He said hesitantly. My wolf laughed hysterically as my human fell to the floor. My precious mate was in the hands of an armed human. She is strong but she's nothing compared to a bullet. 

"Find her!" I screamed into the phone. "Fucking find her Cody!" I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I love her so much, I deserve the bullet, not her. I did nothing but destroy her.

"I'll find her man, calm down!" He said. How dare he? He of all people should know what it's like to lose their mate. 

"Don't you dare tell me to calm down!" I roared into the phone. "She was your responsibility and you let some fucking human just waltz in and take her!" I hated having to be like this towards Cody but he let me down. I put him in charge of her and he lost her. He's going to have hell to pay when I get home.

"I'm going to find her Roman." he whispered into the phone. I didn't even want to talk to him anymore. I hung up the phone and dialed Denae's number, it went straight to voice mail. Rage filled me instantly as I let out a growl and smashed my phone against the wall. I beat my hands against the floor causing the doors of the old house to shake. 

A few moments later my mother burst through the door. "Roman?" she called. She spotted me on the floor in a puddle of my own tears. "Darling whats wrong." she asked pulling me up. 

"Denae was kidnapped." I cried. I heard my mother gasp. She's loved Denae since day one. She was furious when I told her what I had done to her. The other day when I got back home I told everyone there what I had done to her. I couldn't explain why I was doing it because I didn't know. Amy and Danny had left after I told them what had happened. They refused to have anything to do with me. My mom and the two doctors she had brought were the only ones who stayed. They were the ones who suggested I come to Nebraska.