Chapter 12

(Roman's P.O.V)

I had the most horrific nightmare last night. Denae and I were making love and everything was perfect. She looked like she had put on a few pounds, but she was gorgeous. It was how I wanted us to be, happy and loving each other. Even though I knew I was dreaming, I still wasn't expecting Sonneillon to barge in. Just as I was about to giver her the best orgasm of her life, my he slips back in. I knew he was there but I was able to control him almost fully!

Before I knew it, he used all his strength and takes control. I couldn't do anything but watch in fear as he growled at my mate. She had been in the best ecstasy of her life just a few seconds before. When she heard the growl, her eyes shot open. She had a look of fear and horror on her face. My eyes were black and my canines were extended.

He then proceeded to scream at her, telling her that I hated her! He made me kill my mate, he ripped her throat out, her blood filled my mouth and I instantly tasted her fear. He didn't stop though. Denae lay there in a pool of her own blood, she was making a gurgling noise and she was shaking. Her eyes were on me. He was still in control so I couldn't tell her how much I loved her and that I didn't mean for it to happen. I couldn't hold her or try to help her. He was laughing at her. He laughed like it was the best damn joke he ever heard.

Her heart beat was weak and I could barely hear it thumping in her chest . A moment later her heart seized completely. I watched as her body went limp her and the little twinkle in her eyes that she always had, was gone. After that I went back to my normal self. He was gone, I couldn't feel his presence at all. I ran to my mates side, I begged and pleaded her to wake up. I knew there was nothing I could do, she was gone. Right before I woke up, I shot myself in the head.

I knew then that I couldn't risk coming in contact with her. I have to finish this treatment before she loses hope in me all together. Deep down inside, I know she feels something other than hate for me. I know that it was her who called me from a blocked number last night. I could tell by the sound of her breath, I know my mates breathing in a crowd of people. She didn't sound hurt, just like she couldn't find her words. I'm starting to have doubts that she is in danger all together, but I can't be sure. She's always been a strong person so maybe she's just holding it together.

I told mom about my dream, she immediately called for the priest and the doctor. She thinks that I need to continue treatment as soon as possible. The priest just arrived so I know she'll come for me soon. I might as well call Cody, I need to see what he's heard.

"Hey." Cody said when he picked up.

"Any news?" I have gotten better at controlling my temper. I don't yell or get mad anymore, at least not intentionally. I've tried to keep a positive attitude since my dream last night.

"Nothing new on my end." He said. Cody never really has much to say about the search, just a few words here and there. I felt my anger rising but I kept my cool.

"Where have you looked Cody?" I asked trying to stay calm.

"Huh?" He asked, I knew he heard me. He's a fucking werewolf, we here damn near everything.

"Where have you looked?" I asked him again.

"Are you doubting my effort Roman?" He asked sounding shocked. "Do you think I'm not afraid too? I've saved her from you many times. You didn't seem to be too worried about her then!" He spit.

"How dare you!" I growled. I fuck this control shit, Cody just crossed the fucking line. "I love my mate! I know I've done thing to her and I'm not proud of it, but you seem to not be worried at all! You never have anything more to say than, 'No' or 'sorry bro.'" I said using my best impression of him. "You make it hard for me to believe you!"