Prologue 1: Way too Normal

A dry winter Sunday, feeling lethargic, I looked out through the frosty window and saw people covered from head to toe in woollens. It wasn't cold enough to turn into Santa - I thought.

Cold weather was my favorite and I walked around the house barefoot during the winter months. My mother covers me up in all the warm clothes she could find, only to see me stripped to just a cotton shirt and woolen leggings, on the sofa, with my mobile in my hand.

I had heard of a rumour that our school made a decision to participate in something which was very unusual. Our principal was a disinterested woman who knew only money and did not care even a little for the children. It was possible that she might enroll the students in some crazy competition but at that moment nothing came to my mind as to what it could be.

I stared blankly at my mobile screen contemplating about my life which seemed very normal at that moment.

I heard the sound of footsteps on the freshly fallen snow and wished that my best friend Sam, whom I lovingly called Jamjam, would be there outside with a huge smile that she has whenever she surprise visits. I took a peek to see who it was, to my misery it wasn't her, it was that mailman.
That specific mailman is always before time and delivers the letters straight to the receiver, both of which irritated me.

He handed me an urgent letter, which came from my school. I dreaded a lot of things and getting a letter from school was one of them. I worried thinking that the principal finally wanted to get rid of me.