Prologue 3 : Fly away

On Wednesday I asked mum "Umm... Mum  can I go to Germany with my friends? You know that the trip is free... and we'll be accompanied by all our teachers, so can I go?... PLEASE CAN I GO~?"

I heard a loud sigh from mum who answered
" Yes, you may go. So what do I have to sign?"

"Umm, I think there's a form that has to be signed, but you have to go to school to sign it."
_______________________________________

We were to leave for Germany on Monday and return a week later.

A week away from the house I had never left for more than two days, I was sure I would feel homesick.

I travelled light - three tops to wear outdoors, two pajama set to wear indoors, one jacket and innerwear. That's all I took in my bag. No one was allowed any type of gadgets except for cameras and old keypad phones. So no touch phone, no laptop . My sad life.

It was my first time on an airplane but according to Sam I behaved like a frequent flyer. My seat was far from her but I managed to talk Jessica, who was sitting next to Sam, to move to my seat and occupied her place happily. We talked about how I would share the room with her and how I wanted to lock her outside the warm room which I would rule.

Sam look at me, clearly annoyed, and said, "Like as if you could rule over the room when there's me around to throw you off your so called throne. And you definitely know that I can beat you in wrestling so don't think that I'll surrender to your ways easily."

I always thought of Sam as a weightlifter. She can lift her elder brothers up like as if they are babies and she's their mother. When she gets angry she goes into goddess of destruction mode, everything she touches breaks - literally.

I put my hands up and said " ok ma'am. I know you can toss me around. But remember this - I'm like a leech, I don't let go. "

We kept talking about different topics ranging from music to movies, story books to video games, food to clothes. I had a fun time confusing Sam by asking her questions which I had learned from watching problematic men.
Her answer to all those confusing questions was the same. "It's BTS isn't it? ".

I would start laughing instantly everytime she said that. She always had a way to make me laugh out loud, which is a very rare thing. She knew me better than I knew myself that's why I trusted her. I could easily compare my friendship with Sam  with that of suga and jhope s . Exactly the same.
_

__________________________________________

Transport took around 6 hrs out of which 2 hrs were spent on the train from Berlin to "can't pronounce the name sorry".
When everyone arrived at the hotel around 3 noon, we were rushed through the tour routine which I wrote down in a simpler way.

The notes went like this :
---------------------------------------------------------------------
• Monday evening -  shopping
• Tuesday morning - trekking
• Tuesday evening  -  in the mountains
• Wednesday morning - to some castle-mansion
• Wednesday evening - bonfire 
• Thursday morning - go on adventures on your own in and around that castle where we're supposed to stay
• Thursday evening - history class
• Friday morning - pack bags we go hunting
• Friday evening - back to town
• Saturday morning - tour in and around town
• Saturday evening - peace
• Sunday morning - bye bye  Germany
----------------------------------------------------------------------

First we were taken to a shop full of trekking and camping goods which no one had any interest in. Then we were allowed to roam the streets for half an hour. I and Sam went souvenir hunting while the others mainly judged everything that they laid their eyes on, except for the big and fancy shops which sold branded clothes and jewellery.

___________________________________________

Back at the hotel, there was a crowd in the lobby so I decided to go and check out what the commotion was all about.

I squeezed through to the front and saw a poster which said that werewolves were spotted somewhere near a stream. I never believed in werewolves, big foot, ghosts or any other fictional beings and was annoyed at that notice and the noise it created.

___________________________________________

It was a buffet dinner that night and I was angry at the people who did not try out the regional dishes.

I and Sam were complete foodies and loved to explore the world of food, another reason why we're besties.

Once, when we were around five years old, we tried to bake a cake and it's outcome was a "small scale disaster". The cake was baked for a bit too long and it had started to... burn. We were not allowed to eat dinner that night because of the fire which we had caused.

The night view from our hotel room, which I shared with Sam and Lily, was so beautiful. The hotel was built away from the town, on the slope of the nearest hill and we could see the whole town from there. The windows of every house lighted the dark backdrop of night and I felt as if I, unknowingly, have been here before.

Suddenly Sam shrieked shattering the peaceful silence,
"THERE'S A BUG IN THE ROOM"

" Where is it ?"
I turned around a few times trying to spot the bug.

"LOOK UP."
Sam screamed at me.

"It's a butterfly, Sam. You know you got no jams."

"WELL KILL IT"

"Sure I'll kill it. Just wait" I said with a smirk.

I dragged the chair close to the wall and I stood up on it.
Then I pinced the turquoise wings of the butterfly and chased Sam with it.
I cornered her and said "I think I'll put it in your underwear."

Sam screamed. I started laughing like those serial killers but turned around and let the butterfly go.

It flew out through the window and vanished.

___________________________________________