Wednesday morning : Lost

I woke up late. Even later than usual. Events of last night, and day, had drained me completely.

I had slept in a pile of smooth pebbles, hugging my soft caterpillar neck pillow. I lifted myself to an elbow and looked around. All the tents had already been taken down. Most of the students had left and only a few people were still there.

I felt very sleepy on the way. I was walking without opening my eyes. I remembered that bright flash of light that I think happened. I remembered what was whispered to me.

"Don't go there. You will die - pfft - Why should I listen to you? I don't even know you." I thought.

I had strayed away from the path and walked right into a tree trunk. I rubbed my hurtful forehead and nose which got hit.
I scrunched my eyes open and tried to see how far I had wandered off. For a moment I thought I was lost.

"Lost my way. How nice."

I knew that I had been walking straight so I could trace my way back to the track. Unless I was seriously lost.

I walked through a short grassy meadow and I could see wild rabbits jumping around. I worried a little thinking that there could be boars around here because I didn't really know where I was.

The sun's rays falling on me was warm, instead of being scorching. It felt really good and a little refreshing after last night's freeze fest.

Some time later I entered the sparring woods. From there I could identify the tracks that I was following, great sixth sence.

--------------------------------------------------------

Everyone had already arrived and had started exploring by the time I finally reached the castle grounds.

Shouldn't call it a castle, it didn't have a moat nor turrets nor flower gardens all around it. It looked older than it did in the picture. Then I remembered that the picture was a birds eye view of this place so it would look a little different when seen from level ground.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A Cinderella without a Prince Charming.

That's what I felt like when I entered the great hall of the castle-cum-mansion all alone.

I took off my shoes and socks, and stood on the cold marble floor of the hall, taking in its majesty. My feet were sore because I was not used to walking long distances. And I hated wearing closed shoes with socks.

I looked around, the faded frescos and murals still beamed with their past beauty and pride. The sun gleamed through the stained glass windows. It looked like an empty stage waiting to be used. I felt music playing, my mind wanted me to dance. I had learnt contemporary dance when I was 6 but I couldn't freestyle. Still my body started moving. It was a familiar tempo. I closed my eyes and sank into the music to which I was dancing. My body moved in such a way that it seemed as if I were a bird in flight.
The chorus began--

Caught in a lie
Sungyeolhaedeon nal chajajwo
I geojit soge heeonal su eopseo
Nae useumeul dollyeonwajwo.

I was dancing to lie but I didn't realise it till I heard a shrill whistle which made me stop half way through the song.

'Why does this always happen to me?' I said. Now I was irritated.

I took my shoes, tied the laces together and flung them over my shoulder before leaving my personal stage. I had no idea that I was being watched. And my audience does not like being disturbed.

_________________________________________________

Three more times, that shrill whistle blew three more times. I grew angry at whoever it was who was blowing the whistle. I was outside a hall when I heard it again. I entered and saw that a feast was going on and it was Sam who was blowing a food whistle. It was a whistle made from carrots.

My mouth started watering and belly rumbling from the savoury smell coming from every food item that was prepared. I was hungry, soo hungry that I knew I could possibly devour everything that I lay my eyes upon.

Sam walked up to me and said "I thought you were lost. I didn't want you to miss this."

She noticed my dreamy eyes and my tongue licking my lips and giggled.
"Oh you hungry baby. Go help yourself."
My eyes widened and a huge smile crept on my face when my mind registered her words.

Though I was the last one to start, and even after eating and tasting every available item, I completed my lunch first.

Hehe I wolf down my food.

I had a stupid smile on my face which clearly showed that I loved the food. Sam took another one of those carrot whistle s and kept blowing it at me. She wanted me to try one but I didn't because it's just a piece of cut carrot.

In the end, out of irritation, I had to take one.

_________________________________

There were two hundred and fifty bedrooms, six hall rooms and many, many stairs and corridors. It was highly possible for anyone to get lost inside this castle.

And as usual the first ones to get lost in the maze-like castle were me and Sam.

We had gone to our bedroom (which I shared with, again, Sam and Lily,) before my adventurous nature kicked in. I somehow talked Sam into coming with me to take a walk around the castle. I didn't know that we were not the only ones who were out taking a walk.