Chapter One: Five Years

"I can't believe it's been five years s ince after the Twilight Invasion, and four years after Ganondorf came back!" Link exclaimed.

Link and Zelda walked side by side in the grand halls of Hyrule Castle. Sunlight poured through the crystal glass windows, lighting the hall with a warm light.

"Actually, the five year anniversary passed about a month ago", Zelda said with a smile.

They walked into a room that served as a court, with red velvet curtains lining the windows. Zelda's advisors watched in silence as Zelda made her way to the end of the room and took her seat. Link stood by Zelda's side with the Master Sword sheathed on his back. Zelda had asked Link the other week if he could attend her monthly council with her advisors, of course he wouldn't pass up a chance like this to be with Zelda.

Shad smiled at Link and Zelda from the other side of the room and waved. After Lord Daltos' death, Zelda had appointed Shad to take his place.

Zelda cleared her throat, "Thank you all, for making it to this month's meeting. I am aware that it is hard for some of you to make it here each month, and I thank you for your dedication. Now, what matters of business do we need to attend to today?"

Link zoned out for more than half of the meeting. Anyways, he was just there to accompany her. But Link never got tired of Zelda's voice. Link had noticed that more often now, his thoughts always seem to fall on the subject of her. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with Zelda. His only concern was, how would the nobles think about a peasant, a rancher, sitting on the throne of Hyrule. And if he did propose to Zelda, would she accept.

After the meeting was over, Link followed Zelda to the her personal study. It seems like that was their "place", along with the palace gardens.

Link placed a chair in front of Zelda's desk and sat down, "So, that's finally over?"

Zelda sat at her desk and laughed, "Link, the meeting was only ten minutes long!"

"Oh", Link smiled at her. "And why is that?"

"Hyrule is thriving", Zelda said happily. "There's not much crime or food shortages. We haven't had a drought or crazy overlords trying to take over. I think it's a new record!"

Link smiled in brighter. He loved seeing Zelda this happy. Link always did his best to make her laugh, most of the time he was successful.

"Seems like a reason to celebrate", Link chuckled. "You know with the five year anniversary of the ending of the Twilight Invasion."

Zelda's eyes lit up, "Link, you just gave me the most perfect idea!"

Link blinked, "I did?"

"Yes!" Zelda cheered.

"What can I say", Link smiled.

"Link, you're a brilliant master mind", Zelda complimented. "You have given me the idea of throwing a grand ball in the honor of five-year anniversary of the ending of the Twilight Invasion!"

"Ohhh", Link observed. "I see what you're saying: our land is thriving and peace has taken the place of destruction. It's a perfect time to celebrate!"