Chapter Five: Disturbance In the Twilight

"Zelda's throwing a party and she's not inviting us?! How rude", Ghirahim fumed. Somehow Zant had gotten ahold of one of the invitations Zelda sent out all across Hyrule.

The Mail Man who traveled all around the Kingdom of Hyrule must have lost one, and it ended up in Zant's hands. It was in the hour of Twilight when Zant found it drifting in the wind. Ganondorf had ordered Zant to scout around Hyrule to find out what had been going around since the time they have been gone. This task had turned into Zant's job over the four years.

For once, The King of Evil was pleased with what Zant had found, while Ghirahim fumed that he wasn't invited to what seemed like an awesome party Zelda was throwing.

After Link and Zelda had banished Zant, Ghirahim, and Ganondorf, they had found refuge in the deepest part of the Twilight Realm. They weren't entirely safe though. Midna, who became Queen of the Twilight Realm, had her gears turning. She sensed a disturbance in the Twilight. But she could never put her finger on it. Though, she was almost one their track.

The deepest parts in the Twilight Realm were dark and gloomy. The Twili never dared to venture there, that's the reason why Ganondorf had chosen it. It was were he was banished the first time, so many years before.

Ganondorf had to admit he was growing tired of this cycle of defeat, healing, growth, and power all ending in a devastating defeat that left him weakened and close to dead. But this time when he had healed, he had become stronger than the time before. Even in the last battle with Link, Ganondorf had overpowered him. The problem was the Triforce. One of the reasons for the King of Evil's purpose in his miserable life.

As Demise, he wanted the Triforce from himself. He had fallen in love with power and the land of Hylia, but another man shared the same love of the land; a mere mortal man. Link: who would do anything, put anything on the line for Hylia, even in their second lifetime and all the lifetimes to come. Link was the reason why Ganondorf would fail every time.

This time Ganondorf would give no mercy to anyone, including Zelda who was another reason for his downfall. She had rediscovered the purpose of the Triforce, that is how she and Link had banished him. When Zelda and Link had banished Ganondorf, he had lost not only Hyrule, but the Triforce of Power.

If Link and Zelda ever got a hold of the last piece of the Triforce, they would surely end Ganondorf. At least end his life as Ganondorf.

Now Ganondorf was using all his time trying to track down the Triforce of Power. Or to be more specific, to find Din. She was the one who granted Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power when he was to be executed at Arbiters Grounds.

Ganondorf emerged from the shadows and looked over Ghirahim's shoulder at the invitation. "What is that?" Ganondorf asked.

"My Lord", Zant started and snatched the invitation from Ghirahim's hands, "We have found something we think you'd be pleased to see."

Ganondorf took the invitation, it read:

***

Dear Mayor Bo of Ordon Village,

In celebration of the five year anniversary marking the ending of the Twilight Invasion, I will be hosting a grand party. I would be honored if you would be able to make it to Hyrule Castle/Castle Town for the celebration. It will be held a week from now. I hope to see you there.

Yours truly,
Queen Zelda Harkinian of Hyrule.

***

A smile crept across Ganondorf's face. The gears in his brain started to turn.

"Do you know what", Ganondorf smirked.

"What?" Ghirahim crossed his arms. "Zelda didn't invite us. I hope the party is lame."

Ganondorf closed his eyes and forced a smile, "You two are going there without an invitation."

"Wait, what?!" Zant exclaimed. "What do you mean?"

"If Link and Zelda find a way to get their hands on the Triforce of Power, we are done for", Ganondorf started to explain.

Ghirahim sighed, "Yes, yes, we know. You've been stressing that for four years now."

"If we get to them before they get to us, we will be unstoppable", Ganondorf said triumphantly.

"Could you be more specific?" Zant asked.

Ganondorf growled, "You two go to the party, find Link and Zelda, stake out for a while until I arrive. When I arrive and give the word we attack, get rid of Link and Zelda or press them for information about the Triforce of Power. And then I kill them, which will give me the other two pieces of the Triforce. Brilliant, right?"

Ghirahim started clapping, "My Lord, you are brilliant! I'm suprised that you don't hold the Triforce of Wisdom!"

"Thank you", Ganondorf said smugly. "Now, let's get to work."
____________________________________________________________________

Midna ripped open the white envelope to reveal it's contents. The Twilight Princess was thrilled to get a letter from Hyrule. In matter of fact, it was from Zelda.

Midna's smile grew as she read the letter. It was an invitation to a party that celebrated the five year anniversary of the ending of the Twilight Invasion. No way in the Twilight, Dark, and Light Realm would she pass up this party. Of course she was going!

The question was: would people freak out if they saw her? Maybe, maybe not? Midna shrugged and giggled to herself. Who cares? Anyways, Zelda and herself were trying to establish a "friendship" with their two realms. She had to admit that would be interesting.

The Twilight Princess was absolutely giddy with the excuse to see her friends in Hyrule, rather than pulling her hair out in frustration with the suspicion of where Ganondorf and his weirdos could be hiding.

Midna knew that they weren't really dead. In fact, Zelda didn't even know where they could of been banished. Perhaps Midna was just scared something bad was lurking somewhere in her beloved Realm, again. Something that would threaten the peace of her realm and Hyrule itself.