Chapter Seven: Return to Castle Town

Link sat across from Mayor Bo, who's was reading Zelda's invitation. Bo rose an eyebrow and looked up at Link, "A masquerade party, eh?"

"Yeah", Link replied.

"Rusl got an invitation too, am I correct?" Mayor Bo asked.

Link nodded, "Yes, I believe so. Are you planning on coming?"

Bo got up from his chair, "Of course I am! I can't wait to visit Ilia!"

Ilia, Link's childhood friend and Bo's daughter took up Zelda's offer to attend an academy in Castle Town. She excelled in all of her subjects and was becoming an amazing scholar, like she had always dreamed of as a child.

Link smiled, "I can imagine that you're an extremely proud father."

"I've always been a proud father", Bo boasted.

Link got up from his chair and shook the Mayor's hand, "It has been great to visit Ordon again, Bo. But I'm afraid that I should be getting back to Castle Town."

"The pleasure is all mine", Bo smiled. "I'll see you at the big celebration, I hope."

"I hope so too", Link said happily as he walked out of Mayor Bo's house. Epona was waiting outside, grazing in the green grasses by the riverbed.

Link patted Epona's side and hoped on. He started to gallop through the village, but stopped to say goodbye to Rusl and his family. He also had to tease Colin before he left for Castle Town.

"Are you guys planning to go to the celebration?" Link asked Uli and Rusl when he started to walk out the door.

Uli nodded her head, "We plan on bringing Colin with us. Now we just need to find a babysitter for Tetri, she's not old enough for a trip to Castle Town."

Link smiled, "Well, I'll see you guys there!"

"Bye Link!" Colin called from inside the house. "Bye", Tetri, Colin's little sister, echoed.

Rusl clapped Link on the back and smiled, "You've turned out to be a fine young man, Link. I want you to know that I'm proud of you and I've always been proud of you."

Link took Rusl's hand and shook it, "You're the one that raised me, you should be proud."

"I should've taught you how to be more modest, Link", Rusl joked.

Link laughed, "I am modest!"

"Yeah right", Rusl smiled. "I'll see you soon."

"See you", Link said as Rusl shut his door.
____________________________________________________________________

"What should I wear", Ghirahim asked Ganondorf desperatly. "I need to look fabulous, but not too fabulous or else they'll realize it's me!"

Ganondorf glared at Ghirahim, "Just pick something and wear it. You need to cover your face so no one recognizes you, got it?"

"No", Ghirahim fumed, "I don't. I need to show people this handsomely fabulous face of majesty and wonder!"

Zant walked up to Ganondorf and Ghirahim who were now in a heated argument between fashion and concealing identities. "I'm ready to go", Zant said as he lifted a mask onto his face. The mask resembled the same mask that brought havoc on Termina so long ago. It was a replica of Majora's Mask. Zant had decided to go as Skull Kid, the child that got ahold of the cursed mask.

Ganondorf pointed at Zant, "See, Ghirahim?! You need to conceal your face! It's a masquerade party, and if Link and Zelda find out who you are they will attack."

Ghirahim thought for a moment, "Can I go as myself?"

"That's not a wise decision", Zant rolled his eyes as he tossed Ghirahim a long red cloak.

Ghirahim held up the cloak and eyed it suspiciously, "What am I supposed to do with this?"

"Wear it", Zant awnsered. "You can go as Agahnim."

"Why are you speaking jiberish?!" Ghirahim screamed at him. "You now I can't understand it when you speak jiberish!!"

Zant facepalmed, "Agahnim. He was some guy who worked for Ganon. In other words, he worked for Ganondorf here."

Ghirahim looked up to Ganondorf in shock, "YOU REPLACED ME WITH A WEIRDO IN A RED CAPE?!"

"You're a weirdo with a red cape", Ganondorf retorted.
____________________________________________________________________

With heavy eyes, Link pulled out the ring he bought at Malo Mart. Link had just taken Epona to the stables at Hyrule Castle and was making his way to his room in the west wing of Hyrule Castle.

It was very dark in the unlit halls, only a few stray rays of moonlight glowed through the corridor. Link could barely see where he was going, especially with his eyes on the beautiful ring he was going to use to ask for Zelda's hand in marrige.

Because he wasn't watching where he was going, Link tumbled into someone in the dark hall.

"Link?" The silhouette of a woman Link ran into asked.

Link smiled at the familiarity of her voice, "Hello Zelda."

He couldn't see very well in the hall, but Link could make out a smile on Zelda's face. "Sorry for running into you."

Link chuckled softly, "Please, it was my fault. I wasn't paying attention."

"What was that you were looking at", Zelda inquired.

"Oh", Link shoved the engagement ring in the pocket of his trousers, "Nothing really. It's nothing. You'll find out soon enough either way."

Zelda smirked, "Okaaay. Well anyways, I was wondering if you could come see me tomorrow. I need to give you something for the masquerade ball."

Link smiled, "Of course I'd see you tommorow. I wouldn't miss a moment with you for the world."

"You're too sweet, Link", Zelda blushed as she took his hands in hers. "That's the reason I love you so much. I want to thank you for everything you've done on my behalf. I dont think I've said 'thank you' enough times."

Link smiled, "Knowing that you love me is enough 'thank yous' I need for a lifetime."

"It's growing late", Zelda started. "I should go get some sleep. Tommorow is going to be a big day since the celebration is a day from tomorrow."

"I'll see you in the morning", Link said as he let go of Zelda's hands. "Goodnight, Zelda."

Zelda leaned in and kissed Link's cheek. "Goodnight, Hero of Twilight", Zelda said with a smile.

With that Link and Zelda went their separate ways down the hallway. Link wondered what that 'something' was that Zelda was going to give him tommorow. On the other hand, Zelda grew more curious of what Link was hiding in his pockets.