Chapter Eleven: Party Crashers

Link and Zelda walked hand in hand back to the party. They laughed and joked on their way back to the throne room, happy to have proposed to each other in the gardens that night. Link and Zelda wanted nothing more but to spend the rest of their lives with each other, and it seemed like their fate was sealed. Fireworks burst into colorful displays above Hyrule Castle. The mood was merry in Castle Town that night, as of nobody had a care in the world.

After walking around a corner into a narrow walkway in the gardens, Link and Zelda ran straight into Lord Ghram and Lord Taz.

"Sorry about that", Zelda apologized, "We didn't see you there."

Lord Ghram shook his head, "Your Grace, it was our fault. We ran into you."

"May I ask what you two were doing away from the party?" Link asked.

"We could ask the same about you as well", Lord Taz sighed.

"Queen Zelda", Ghram started to change the subject, "Correct me if I'm wrong but, I hear that you bear the Triforce of Wisdom?"

Zelda nodded, "I do. Why do you ask?"

"We have a question for you", Taz replied.

"Ask away", Zelda smiled.

"Do you have any knowledge of the whereabouts of the Triforce of Power?"

Link and Zelda exchanged worried looks. The way Lord Ghram was smiling underneath his cloak made them feel uneasy and the fact that Lord Taz would act uncomfortable in the torch light that lit the walkway.

"Why would you want to know that?", Zelda asked.

Taz shrugged, "We're just curious. Do you know where it is."

"We don't", Link replied.

"I wasn't asking you", Lord Taz said in an icy tone.

"Are you sure you don't know", Ghram inquired of Zelda.

"I'm sure", Zelda said quickly.

"And if you excuse us", Link started, "We should get going."

"Why not stay a while and chat?" Lord Ghram asked.

Link shook his head, "I'm afraid people will be wondering where we went."

"But we have another friend for you two to meet", Lord Taz sighed.

"Who?" Link and Zelda said in unison.

Ghram shrugged, "You already know who he is..."

"What do you mean", Zelda frowned.

"You'll know soon enough", Taz assured.

"If we already know your friend I'm sure we could meet him some other time", Link explained. "But right now we need to get going back to the party."

To Link's dismay, Lord Taz and Lord Ghram didn't let them pass through the walkway. "I'm afraid that's not possible", Ghram smirked.