Chapter Twenty: Storming the Castle

It took about one week to make the final preparations for the plan to take back Hyrule and end the tyranny of Ganondorf. Nurauma was busy preparing her troops and going through the plan with them over and over again. Finally the day had come. Stars twinkled overhead in the night sky when Nurauma gathered her troops into the training grounds beside the palace.

"Are we ready?" Zelda asked as she and Midna stood into the middle of the group. The Gerudo looked a little unsure about warping, but no fear shone in their eyes. They were determined. Ghirahim stood by Fi, who didn't stand to far from Link. Link still didn't have a good feeling about Ghirahim, but some of his hate for the former villan subsided. He started to discover he thought Ghirahim was funny. Just a little bit.

Nurauma nodded, "We are as ready as ever."

Zelda looked at Midna, "I'll lend you my strength."

Midna smiled and took Zelda's hands in heres, "Let's do this thing." Zelda closed her eyes and concentrated as she transfered some of her power to Midna. After some effort, Midna was able to make a ginormous portal underneath the entire group.

"And we're off," Midna smirked.

***

Ganondorf glared at Zant as the Usurper King walked into the throne room. Zant had to admit Ganondorf looked pretty intimidating sitting on the throne of Hyrule. "Lord Ganondorf," Zant bowed, "There is still no word from Ghirahim."

"You should of went with him!" Ganondorf growled, making Zant flinch.

Zant gulped, "I thought-"

"YOU THOUGHT?!" Ganondorf boomed. "YOU JUST DON'T LEAVE AN IDIOT LIKE GHIRAHIM OUT IN THE DESERT!!"

"Ghirahim is actually pretty smart," Zant said quietly. "I thought he was very capable of finding Link and Zelda."

Ganondorf rubbed his temples, "I'm surrounded by idiots. Why do I associate with these people."

King Bulbin ran into the throne room, out of breath. "Lord Ganondorf," Bulbin said, catching his breath. "We're under attack."

"What?!" Ganondorf growled. "By who?!"

"They look like they're Gerudo."

Ganondorf chuckled, "So my people want to have Hyrule for themselves, huh? This is going to be interesting. Bulbin, bring them down."

"Should I help him?" Zant asked as Bulbin ran out of the throne room.

"No," Ganondorf commanded. "I'm think we might earn a few visitors sooner or later."

***

Nurauma led the assault against the many hoards of monsters, so far the Gerudo were doing amazing. During the fighting, Zelda, Link, Midna, Fi, and Ghirahim slipped away into the castle. Zelda, knowing the castle the best, lead the way down winding halls and stairways of Hyrule Castle.

"I never realized how big this place was!" Ghirahim said as they ran.

"I've lived here my entire life and I'm still not convinced that I've found all the secret rooms and passageways," Zelda called back.

"Oh."

The group slowed into a fast walk. Their chests heaving from the running. But for now they believed they were out of sight and out of mind of Ganondorf's monsters. For all the monsters knew is that they were being beat by an army of Gerudo. The interior of Hyrule Castle seemed abandoned, but it wasn't an excuse to let the gaurd down.

***

Nurauma and the rest of the Gerudo easily dominated the battlefield. Everything was going according to plan. The hoards of monsters didn't notice Link, Zelda, Midna, Fi, and Ghirahim slipped away to end this threat once and for all.

A large bulbin lumbered towards Nurauma, he was just a little taller than her. This Bulbin was clearly the commander. Nurauma braced herself for a battle, but surprisingly the bulbin let his axe fall out of his large hands. All around the Gerudo and the monsters stopped fighting and all eyes fell on the large bulbin that faced Nurauma.

"What in the world do you think you're doing?" Nurauma said, her eyes wide with suprise.

"I am King Bulbin," The large bulbin stated, "I fight for the strongest side. It's all I've ever known."

Nurauma's eyes narrowed, "You sound like you're a coward."

"In all truth I am," King Bulbin admitted. "I surrender. I will not let my people die for a war they cannot win nor believe in. I've acted like a fool out of fear. I am a coward."

"You really are one," Nurauma smirked. "But at least you're an honest coward. Are you?"

"Yes."

"Good," Nurauma smiled. "The best thing you can do now is to go back to your home. Maybe you can earn the trust of all of Hyrule if you change your ways."

"How," Bulbin asked.

"Don't live by fear," Nurauma awnsered. "Now, go home. This battle is over."

"Thank you," King Bulbin smiled.

The Gerudo watched as the bulbins, lizafos, and moblins left left the battlefield. Nurauma caught King Bulbin's eye as he left the courtyard. He rose his axe and the air and dropped it on the grassy ground. "Farewell," He said curtly and led the monsters out of the grounds of Hyrule Castle.

Nurauma smiled. It seemed as if all of Ganondorf's allies were more than willing to abandon him. They must of caught sight of how twisted the tyrant was. And they weren't going to take it anymore.