Chapter Four: Malo Mart

Right after training was over, Link hurried through Castle Town to Telma's. He swung the door open to be greeted by Telma and Shad.

"Hi everyone", Link said happily as he entered the warm room.

Telma laughed, "How's my favorite tourist doing?!"

Shad rolled his eyes, "I thought we cleared up that Link isn't a tourist?"

"Right", Telma said. "I was just being funny."

"Where's Ashei", Link inquired.

"She's putting Harry to bed", Shad explained.

Link nodded, "Alright."

"So", Telma started. "What brings you here this evening, Link. And where's Zelda? You usually bring her along."

Link set his wallet on the table, "I've been breaking pots and cutting a lot of grass."

"I've still don't know how you get rupees from that", Shad thought out loud. "But why do you have all this money?"

"Cause he wants to", Telma said curtly.

Link shrugged, "Well it sorta goes like that..."

Telma looked at him skeptically, "What would you use the money for?"

"I've decided that it's time to do what I've been meaning to do for a long time", Link started to explain. "It's about Zelda."

Shad's eyebrows arched, "I'm confused."

While on the other hand Telma's eyes widened and she smiled, "Is this what I think it's going to be?"

Link smiled, "There's a beautiful ring at Malo Mart, and I think Zelda would love it."

Shad let a smile grace his face, "Wait, you're pro--"

He was cut off by Telma who was screaming with joy, "I KNEW IT!! YOU'RE GONNA MARRY HER!!! I KNEW IT!!"

Shad tried to calm Telma down, "Just take deep breaths, Telma--"

"No!" Telma protested. "I won't!"

Link felt a bead of sweat run down his forehead, "Telma, please keep it down. Somebody is going to hear you."

Telma crossed her arms, "Fine."

Link pulled a chair from underneath the nearest table and took a seat, "Now that you know I'm going to propose to her, you need to keep quiet and act normal."

"Me?" Telma gasped. "Act normal? We both know that that is physically and mentally impossible."

Shad laughed, "You could say that again."

"You can't tell Zelda anything about it, okay", Link said as rubbed his temples.

Telma's smile wavered, "Not even a little bit?"

"No", Link said sternly.

"Aw", Telma said in disappointment.