Epilogue

Night comes once again; I walk through a short breezeway, which is lit by a half-moon, and into the garage. It looks more like an old barn than a garage; I pan my camera over the walls and see strange old tools whose purpose I can't imagine. The air is very dusty, I notice a strange smell in the air—it almost smells like sulfur. By sniffing, I determine that it's probably coming from the house. I'm about to return and check it out, when I see movement in the corner of my eye.

I turn my camera to the corner where I saw the movement and are astonished to see a woman who looks like the owner of the house.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. She looks around, and then crooks her finger at me. I move toward her, lowering my camera.

"Something terrible is about to happen," she says, but before I can ask what, she disappears.

Then a feeling of great calm comes over me.

I awaken in the attic, feeling stiff and see light coming through a small window that I didn't notice before. I get up to investigate the light and hear voices downstairs. The attic door opens and a surprised police officer appears. "We have a survivor!" he shouts, and leads me outside.

For the rest of the day, I explain that I went up to the garage at the beginning of the lockdown and you don't remember anything after that. The cops take my video recorder and won't tell me anything. It isn't until tomorrow that I find out that all of the Ghost Adventures Crew is dead except Nick, who was found covered in blood. I remember the stories of demonic possessions in the house and shiver.

When I get home, I realize that I still have my voice recorder. The digital memory is full. I have to work up my courage, but I listen, wondering if I'll hear the struggle that must have taken place below me. But the only sound I can make out on the tape is a ghostly voice that seems to say "You're safe." For the rest of my life, you feel like spirits are watching out for me when I'm in danger—maybe even the ghosts of Zak and Aaron.

Then a familiar voice, "...your precious Nick isn't here anymore!"

As I laid there in cold sweats, someone whispers my name. I blink awake and sit up in my bed, looking around. No one's there. I start to lie back down, dismissing the sound as a trick of my ears, when I notice that the shadows at the foot of my bed don't look right. A chill goes through my body as I see the shadows taking human shape.

A few weeks later, Zak, Nick and Aaron all experienced horrific nightmares rivaling anything they ever experienced from Bobby Mackey's. And so did anyone who saw the footage at the network company. For public safety, we tried pull the episode from the air. But after some backlash we received from other executives, feeling cheated out of their wasted money to produce the episode...we had no choice but to let it air.

A deep gut feeling tells me that we survived this once at the Gorey House, but...

It wasn't over yet...

=========

A/N: If demand is high enough, I can make a sequel to this story if you guys/gals want. So let me hear it...sequel?