Nightwing X Reader

Y/N-Your Name
E/C-Eye Color
Y/S/N-Your Superhero Name
Enjoy!
-----

Bonds can span lifetimes.
The bond of friendship is the foundation to every other bond known to mankind.
No one can yet explain how a bond is formed; but whether through magic, other worldly intervention, or something as simplistic as the workings of human emotions, bonds are formed within the first moments of meeting.

Age 8:

Driving through on the outskirts of the city of Gotham is one mistake you would wish your parents never made, but at the same time is happy that you were on the snowy road on the Christmas Eve of 2007.

As you opened your tired eyes, you had to blink multiple times to get the clouds out of your eyes. You looked around, wondering when you fell asleep in the car, taking a while before you notice that the car your family had had as long as you could remember was shoved into a tree on your daddy's side of the car.

"Mommy?" Your young voice squeaked out, looking for your parents around you, not seeing them in the front seats. "Daddy?"

The front window was gone, where did that go too?

You reached for your seat belt, wanting nothing more than to walk around and find where your parents went off to and know why they left you in the car. But your car seat was in the way, pinning the buckle beneath the plastic seat.

"Hello?" All around you from what you could see out the window looked like a bunch of trees with the classic fluffy snowflakes of a Gotham winter covering the car and everything around it.

There were no houses or roads or anything to tell you where you were.

Or the better question, why you were alone in your car.

"Help," Your voice grew quiet, your lower lip began to tremble as warm tears in your eyes began to spill over and run down your cheeks.

A tree branch snapped loudly near you, your sobs stopping to listen for who, or what, was coming near you.

Was it a bear?

Were there even bears in Gotham? Or what if it was Joker, or Penguin, but why would they-

"Robin, really? A stick?"

"Sorry." Two voices began bickering at each other, one sounding older than the other. "I just wanted to get a better look."

Two figures stepped in front of your car; their shadows were all you could see through the heavy snow fall. "They look dead, both of them." The younger of the two voices spoke, the smaller shadow moving around and got darker as it got closer to the car.

"Robin, don't get closer, I smell gasoline." The older and scratchier voice called to the younger one, the shadow stopped getting closer and looked like it started to get farther away.

As the voice spoke, your nose agreed with him, the smell of a gas station whenever your dad would fill up your car filled your nose. You never did like that smell, it smelled like bad corn on the cob. "What if someone else is in the car, Bruce?"

"They would have been killed with the crash as well, there's no way someone could have survived a head on collision with a tree. We need to leave before the cops show up; I called them as soon as I saw the car."

"Wow, you think of everything, Bruce!"

"Robin, it's Batman when we're out on patrol."

"Oh, sorry." The two voices went farther and farther away from you, the shadows fading away.