Red Hood X Reader

Y/N-Your Name
Enjoy!

-----

The relationship between your hair and you can be described as a love/hate relationship.

You just loved how long it was, when it's thick lion like mane would stay in the style you need for the day, whether informal, pony tail, or a formal occasion. But also hated when time was not on your side and the thick and course hair on your head was disagreeable, wanting to do what ever the hell it wants, like right now when you were supposed to be in the cave getting updated for a mission.

"Dammit, " You groaned, letting your hair fall back around your face, the little hairs not staying out of your face. "Why of all times, now doesn't work?!"

Tried a braid, a pony tail, a bun, even twisting it and hoping for the best.

Nothing helped. "What if I just let you go free today?" You brushed through your hair with your fingers, trying to pull any of the knots that formed from your endless fiddling with it.

The squeaky floor boards near your bathroom door creak, someone chuckling from behind you. "Don't you think that would be a safety hazard, for you and whoever we're going after?" Jason leaned casually against the door frame, you could see a faint smile of amusement on his face through my mirror, the two of you locking eyes. "Need help?"

"Do you know how to hair?" You spun around and stared at the black hair man, the little white streak in his hair making him look like a skunk, thankfully without the stink. Most of the times.

"You could say it's a secret power that is non-disclosed to the public." Skeptical thoughts ran through your head, you may hate it when your hair doesn't work with you, but not enough hate to cut it off if Jason made your situation worse.

Slowly you nodded, and he entered your bathroom, his helmet and gloves on the dresser next to the door. He began running his hands through your hair, rubbing a few strands of it between his fingers as he pursed his lips; you could almost hear the gears in his head turning in how quiet the Manor was. Jason finally nodded to himself and grabbed a section of hair, gently pulling it into what he wanted it to do.

You watched him through the mirror you sat in front of, his green eyes focusing intently on what his fingers were doing. "You go one of those little elastics?" Handing the accessory to him, he tied off a section of your hair and pushed forward the small side braid he used to tie the front of your hair back.

It took him ten minutes, you were sure Bats will be pissed at you both, but Jason was so into what he was doing that you didn't have the heart to cut him off, before he stood back. "Pass me seven of those bobby pins."

Putting the pins in his mouth, he opened them and stuck them into various places on the back of my head, pinning my hair down. "Done!" He stepped back, grinning happily to himself for what he did. You happily stood up from your kneeling position you were in and looked in the mirror to see what he did.

A braid wrapping around the top of your head and twisted itself around the bun that you saw at the back of your head, where a bunch of smaller braids were joined together to form the tight bun at the crown of your head. Gently shaking your head, it shocked you how stable it felt without pulling at any one strand of hair, seemingly impossible for this to fall apart.

"Damn, Todd. I may need to hire you to do my hair whenever we have missions." You turned around smiling, not sure how to thank him since he didn't seem like much of the affectionate type. You grabbed his hand and started pulling him to the cave, where no doubt a short lecture awaited the two of you. "Come on, Todd, let's go kick some ass!"