Red Hood X Reader

Y/N-Your Name
E/C-Eye Color
H/C-Hair Color
Enjoy!

----

"Honestly Bruce we are fine, we can take care of Gotham for three nights...No we aren't gonna let it catch fire...Come on that was one time! And that was all Tim's fault! Why aren't you blaming him?!"

"Hey!" Jason groaned as soon as he heard the younger Wayne boy pipe up, obviously tapping into the conversation between Jason and Bruce. Bruce started yelling at Tim, Tim started yelling at Jason, Jason was yelling at the wall he kicked, honestly, it was all a muddled mess.

"Shut up!" The three arguing men all dropped their jaws at being told what to do, and them actually obeying it. Jason opened his mouth to say something sarcastic back, honestly it's his best come back yet, but Damian spoke up again. "Todd, go to your left."

"What the-"Jason looked over to his left and saw an alley way below him. "If I go left I fall off the damn roof, you twit. If you wanted me gone that badly, you could have just asked."

"Todd, just go down the damn alley." Bruce's voice in the background was telling Damian off for using language while the vigilante did as the younger asked. He clambered down the fire shoot and walked about the darkened alley way that smelled like old seafood and Chinese.

"Okay Damian, what am I doing down here?" Even through his red helmet, Jason could smell every horrible stench, his lenses adjusting to the much darker surroundings and trying to find something that Damian could have noticed even when he's in Paris with Bruce.

"Just listen." Silence filled the air as he did, he even turned up the sensitivity of his helmet's audio recorder, and still found nothing. "There." Just as Damian spoke, a quiet whine over powered Jason's ears, deafening him for a minute. Okay, sensitivity too sensitive.

Jason walked towards the noise, adjusting hs audio again before he caught sight of the thing making all the noise. "Nice ear Damian, I'll call you guys back." Jason murmured before hanging up on his family, and promptly hanging up on Damian when he tried calling back right after he dropped the call.

"Hey, pretty girl." Jason tenderly whispered, dropping all previous signs that he was one of the most feared names in Gotham as he knelt before the shivering dog in front of him.

The auburn-haired dog whimpered again and pulled her front paw closer to her chest and tried pressing herself between the wall and the dumpster. "Hey, hey, I'm not gonna hurt ya. You don't need to be scared of me, pretty girl." He slowly extended his arm out to the injured looking dog, waiting and hoping that she would lick his hand or sniff it or something that showed she wasn't scared of him.

She however continued to try and push herself back into the corner, away from him. Jason sighed and thought to himself of what to do, going to scratch the itch on his chin when he felt the smooth metal of his helmet against his finger tips.

"Jeez, Jace, that might help if she could see you." He quickly pulled the latch at the base of his neck and grabbed pulled the red and deactivated mask off his head. "There you go, is that better girl?" Jason quickly shook his hair out of helmet hair mode and smiled gently back at her.

Her shivering body seemed to calm down and the dog leaned forward with a curious expression, slowly she scooted out of the corner with her nose extended towards his extended hand. As she started coming more towards his hand and into the light, Jason saw that there was a long piece of barb wire wrapped around her front paw, covering it in dry and wet blood. "Aw, sweet pup. Let's get you all cleaned up, you pretty girl. Let me see the leg."

The German Shepherd of a dog finally walked into the awaiting arms of Jason, as she walked she held her front paw to her chest and she kept it from hurting any further. The young vigilante kept cooing and whispering quiet words of encouragement to her and he lifted her up onto his lap, he already sitting cross legged on the damp ground of the alley way. "I'm going to take you home and have my friend patch you up, okay?" Jason whispered to the dog as he gathered her up in his arms and stood up.