1. "Is that you?"

Everybody told me not to get married.

"You just have one more year until you graduate, Rebecca," My mom said through the phone the day I told her I was engaged. "Just wait one more year. Get to know him better. Trust me, this is for your own good."

"Remember when you told me that one day that you wouldn't get married until after you were at least twenty-five?" a friend from school, told me over coffee. "Guess that's out the window huh?"

"You've only known him for a year," my mom continued on another occasion. "A year is not enough to get to know someone. You practically don't even know him. Please wait another year."

Of course I didn't listen for one simple and common reason: I fell in love.

I fell in love without even knowing, without thinking.

I had been in love before but this time was different, it always was.

Elena was right. I didn't plan on getting married until after my mid-twenties. I was a big believer of enjoying yourself before committing to someone. Everyone knew things changed when you got married or got together with someone.

I wanted to travel.

I wanted to hang out with friends.

I wanted to have crazy and wild nights I wouldn't remember the next day.

All of that went out the window the moment Damian asked me to marry him.

Everybody told me not to get married...and I didn't listen.

________________________________________________________________________

"Are you going to eat that?" I asked my sister looking at the fries.

They looked so lonely and delicious.

Alexa shook her head as she passed the fries across the table. "Nope." she said as she reached for her drink. Alexa never finished her food. She was just one of those girls that didn't eat a lot, at least not when it came to food because she did eat a lot of junk food. Thankfully, I was always here to finish what she didn't eat.

Alexa and I had the same brown eyes and we both had my mom's hips, except Alexa was thinner than I was. I was thick and after years of hating the fact that I didn't have thin legs, I had finally accepted the fact that this was my body and I had to love it. So I had thick thighs and wide hips. Many girls wished they had your body, Elena always used to tell me.

I was much heavier when I graduated from high school. The summer before I began college, I began to work on myself. I began to cut down the sugars and began to run every morning and every night.

I yearned to feel good about myself. Yearned for clothes to fit me the way I wanted them to. I guess that was my motivation.

To this day, I run from time to time but now I do it to relieve stress. It's not really about losing weight anymore, it's about maintaining it. I have managed to reach a point where I am comfortable with my body and I will always be proud of myself for that.

"Can we go now?" Alexa asked as she looked around.

I had brought her to Disneyland for her birthday. She turned eighteen today and she had never been to Disneyland so while the idea of being in California for the weekend made me nervous, my sister's happiness was more important and she was pretty damn pleased with my gift.

Alexa was the most important person to me. She was above everything and everyone. Sometimes it was hard to believe she was eighteen already...she going to college in the fall. Far away from me. I knew she had to go and live her own life, I just wanted to protect her I guess.