24. "Cupid Aaron."

Aaron's POV

I walked into Walker Pediatrics feeling determined. I needed to see my brother and talk some sense into his knucklehead.
I hadn't step foot on the clinic for a while now. I didn't usually come because I didn't have a reason to for the most part. But today was different. The time was up.

The waiting room was filled with parents and their children. There was a lot of noise from the kids yelling and them playing with their toys. There was also a movie playing on the TV and I wished they would turn it down. A loud TV only made people want to talk louder to talk over it.

I walked up to the reception desk and grinned at the girl behind it. "Hi, I'm looking for Damian?"

The girl adjusted the glasses on her nose. "I'm sorry, Dr. Walker is not here today. Did you have an appointment?"

"I'm Aaron," I said. "His brother. I'm trying to get ahold of him did he come at all?"

He hadn't answered his phone though that wasn't a surprise because he hadn't been answering my calls for days now.

"I'm sorry, no," she said looking apologetic.

"Aaron."

I turned around at the sound of my name and saw Karen making her way towards me. She was wearing her white lab coat and her hair was pulled back in a ponytail. "Hi, Karen."

She nodded. "Hey. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I came to look for Damian."

"Damian hasn't been here for two days," Karen said.

"Really?"

I was surprised. He hadn't been sleeping at the house either. What if something happened to him? I began to think about places where he might be...

"Yes, I'm worried about him," she said, concern was clear in her eyes.

"Me too," I said. "I'm going to look for him. Thanks for letting me know."

"Please let me know when you find him," Karen said behind me and I turned to look at her. "So I know he's okay."

Oh, it was obvious she really cared about my brother and it wasn't in the friendly way.

I nodded. "I will. Bye." I turned around and walked out of the clinic.

As I walked to my car, I tried to think of where he might be. Damian didn't really go anywhere except to work from home and vice versa. He wasn't home when I left. He hadn't been home for two days. I knew he was having a rough time which was why I was worried about him.

He came back from Nevada on Saturday, four days ago. I knew things hadn't gone well the moment I took a look at his face. I told myself I would give him time, knowing he wouldn't want to talk about it. Damian shut down when he was angry or melancholy or both.

But he didn't come out of his room Sunday and that night he was gone.

I took out my phone and went to my messages. Maybe he had gone back to Nevada?

Alexa, I texted, is Damian with you guys by chance?

I got in my car and started the car while I waited for the reply. Thankfully, Alexa replied quickly.

No, she texted.

Are you sure? Maybe he's with Rebecca?

I'm with Rebecca right now, she texted back. Then in another text: is something wrong?