4. "You're welcome."

I looked down at the business card on my lap for the hundredth time this morning.

Walker Pediatrics.

Do I dare? Do I dare go?

I would be lying if I said I didn't wonder what it would be like to see him again. Ask him how he is doing...

I shook my head.

No, Rebecca, no. It's a horrible idea.

"It's a bad idea." I whispered.

The bathroom door opened and Alexa came out fresh out of the shower with the towel around her and her hair dripping wet behind her. "Do you have any idea how hard it is to shower like this?" she said raising her left arm. She had her arm into a plastic bag and wrapped just below her elbow.

"You better get used to it." I told her as I placed the business card in my purse. "Do you want me to help you change?"

"No." she said as she pulled the towel off. She was wearing her bra and underwear. "Like you said, I better get used to it."

"Okay." I said as I stood up. "I'm going to shower and then we'll leave around two or something."

"Wait, we're already leaving? I thought we were staying."

I shook my head. "We're not. We already stayed long enough." I said as I went through my bag. I had run out of clean clothes so I went with the jeans and V-neck blouse I wore on the day we got here.

"Rebecca?"

"Huh?" I said as I looked for my last clean panties.

"Why did you lie to me about Damian? You told me you divorced him."

I froze then straightened up to look at her. "We're practically divorced."

She shook her head. "No you're not. You're still married to him."

I sighed. "I don't-"

"Want to talk about it." she finished for me. "I'm not a little girl anymore, Rebecca. Don't you trust me?"

I looked at her. "Of course I do. There's just no point in talking about this. He is in my past and we're leaving and I'll probably never see him again." I said as I grabbed my clothes. "Now I am going to shower and then we'll be on our way, okay?"

"Okay." she said quietly as she began to tug on the plastic bag.

I turned around and went into the bathroom without another word.

Alexa was fourteen when I got married so she still remembered him. When I returned to Nevada, I told her I had divorced him so she would stop asking about him. It wasn't entirely a lie. We were separated and I was never going to see him again.

Curiosity almost got the best of me and curiosity killed the cat so it's best if we just leave.

I took a quick shower and then changed and combed my hair.

Alexa still hadn't changed when I walked out of the bathroom.

"I tried to put on jeans and failed." she said. "Can you help me put this dress?" she said holding the dress with her good hand.

I smiled. "I knew you would need my help."

"Don't flatter yourself." she said as she raised her hands. I put the dress over her head and through her arms then zipped it up on the back. She sat on the bed and looked through the channels while I packed.

"Have you even called Aaron? We don't have the car remember?" Alexa said as she stared at the TV.

"Oh, dammit." I said as I pressed my fingers against my forehead. "I forgot about the damn car."