32. "You knew about this?"

The days went by faster than I thought they would after Alexa left. I worked my last two weeks at the bank while Damian worked with a real estate agent to sell the house. He also checked up on the clinic from his laptop or by checking in with Karen. I wasn't thrilled about the fact that Karen still worked there but I understood why he had left her in charge. I couldn't be selfish. He had left his clinic in the hands of someone he trusted to be with me. It wouldn't have been fair for me to give him trouble for that. I just hoped he had really listened when we talked about keeping our exes out of our lives.

I focused on selling or donating most of the furniture, decorations, and clothes I no longer wanted. We had a few families visit the house. The house was actually in great shape so we got a few offers really quickly. Damian and I worked with the real estate agent to choose the best offer and then we were on contract with a couple that had two kids.

It was late August when Damian and I headed back to California. We took my car. The stuff that I was taking with me fit in my trunk and the backseat so we didn't need anything else. The house purchase was still processing but we could do everything through the internet which was very convenient for us.

I was 22 weeks pregnant and I was showing. I didn't even know when I started to show. It felt like I went to sleep with a flat stomach one night and then I was showing the next morning when I woke up. According to the app, the baby was as big as the head of an endive. Two weeks ago, Damian and I found out we were having a little girl. A baby girl. She was so going to be daddy's girl. I couldn't wait until she joined us. I had felt her move a few times now. The first time, it scared me. It was such a strange feeling to feel something move inside of you. I thought something was wrong.

"D-Damian!" I had called from the room.

Damian rushed out of the shower wearing only a white towel around his torso. His hair was still dripping water. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know," I said looking at him. "I felt something." I glanced down at my swollen belly.

Damian sat down in front of me on the bed and he reached out and placed his palm against my belly. We sat there, in silence, until it happened again. Damian chuckled. "There's nothing wrong, love, that is our baby girl moving."

"Moving?" I repeated stupidly. "Oh. Wow."

He smiled and we stayed like that for a while before he went to change and then he got on bed with me just so we could wait for her move again.

Now that morning sickness had finally left me alone, I was finally starting to enjoy the pregnancy. I already loved this little bump of mine. I loved it whenever Damian reached out and placed his palm against it. I loved it when he talked to our baby. Damian was going to be a great father, I could already tell. He always made sure I was comfortable. He always fetched me anything I needed, which was food most of the time. He was just so perfect to me.

"What about Victoria?" I asked Damian as he drove. We had been driving for about 4 hours now so we only had a little over an hour left before we got to our new home. It was past 10:30 in the morning so it was a good time in the day too. I was already thinking about what I was going to buy for the house. First, I needed to see it to see what Damian had already bought.

"That's a very grown up name," Damian said as he looked straight down the road.

"Well, she is going to be a grown up one day, babe." I told him.

He frowned. "You're right."

I laughed at his reaction. "Okay. What about Chloe?"

"Chloe Grace." He said then shrugged. "It could work."