Not Your Fault Pt 1

This Fanfic will be separated into multiple parts since its so long. Reader gender is not specified so anyone cam read

Reader

I'm dead

You groaned, eyelashes flickering as you attempted to open your eyes.

If I'm dead then why do I hurt so much?

Beneath you the ground was velvety soft and the smell of earth was increasingly noticeable. Your eyes opened into slivers as a soft golden light flickered through your eyelashes.

Where am I? Is this heaven?

Opening your eyes fully you stared up at the source of the light. You were in a cavern of some type and the source of light was an opening in the roof.

That's where I fell from.

You noted to yourself as you studied the rocky cavern form where you lay. After a few quick estimations you decided that you weren't in the best mind to really do the math and that the height of the cavern roof was obviously something a normal human could not have fallen from and survived.

So how did I survive?

You shifted your hand over the soft surface, plucking one of the multiple velvety feeling objects from beneath you and raising it over you face. It was a golden flower. You had never seen something as stunning as it before. The petals were so soft that it was almost hard to believe it was real, and the smell that wafted from the petals was so different from anything you had ever experienced before. Moaning in pain as you sat up, limbs feeling sore and stiff from what you assumed was the impact of falling. Sitting in the field of flowers you looks around in an attempt to get a grip of your bearings.  "I must have landed on these flowers... as impossible as that is," you muttered before spotting an opening in the cavern wall.

Standing you stared up at the opening in the cavern roof while brushing yourself off, "I'm not going to be able to climb out. Guess the only reasonable option is to try find out where I am."

You started walking towards the cavern's tunnel, boots quietly scuffling against the rocky floor. Battling thirst and dizziness you continued forward, guiding yourself with one hand along the rocky wall.

As you walked along you passed by a number of traps, the first few had clues and even writing on the wall pointing out multiple switches and platforms that needed to be activated. Passing through easily you felt confident. That was until you met the first monster.

Your muscles froze up, stopping you in place as the creature approached. It resembled a frog but was much larger then any frog you had seen and a lot smarter. Swallowing you slowly backed up, "H-hey nice froggy... y-you're very nice looking today."

The frog seemed to not understand but the tone of your voice seemed to have carried the message over well enough, causing the frog to... blush? Before hopping away.

Releasing a sigh of relief you continued on. You were approached a few times more by different monsters but always seemed to talk your way out of the confrontation. This was a relief considering you didn't want to actually harm these creatures... as scared as you were.

I thought those legends about monster were... well legends.

Continuing forward you arrived at a small house. You knocked once on the door.

No answer.

You tried the door knob and were surprised that the door was unlocked.

"Hello?" You called out, unsure whether to enter or not.