Not Your Fault Pt 5

Reader

It had been about a week since you had moved into the house and things had gone rather smoothly. The boys enjoyed your company and Gaster had slowly become more comfortable with your continued stay.

Gaster sat at the table going through notes. The grinding of his teeth, you had to admit, was beginning to get on your nerves.

"Gaster, is there a problem? You've been sitting their for an hour now staring at the same page," You asked.

Gaster ignored you as he continued to stare intensely stare holes into the pages.

I swear another five minutes and those pages will be up in flames.

You sighed and laid your head to rest on the table before an idea made itself present in your mind.

"Why don't you try looking at it from a different angle? I mean you keep looking at it from just the one angle or idea right? So why not try something new?" You asked.

Gaster eyes flickered in your direction, "That's not my problem per say."

You frowned, "The what is?"

The scientist ignored the question and stared again at the paper.

Ugh, he's so stubborn I swear to god.

Letting out an exasperated sigh you sat back and closed your eyes.

He's probably just stressed... Maybe he just needs someone to help him calm down.

You opened your eyes and leaned closer to Gaster. Reaching out a hand you placed it lightly on the gloved hand closest to you, "Hey, I'm sure you'll figure everything out. Just don't stress yourself out okay. You'll make the boys and I worry."

Gaster's eyes glanced down at your hand, a purple tint spreading across his face.

"Sorry, you probably feel uncomfortable with me holding your hand," You said, slightly disappointed, as you went to pull away.

Gaster's other hand gently landed on top of yours before you could remove it, "No... I-it's actually rather calming."

You felt your face flush with heat, "O-okay."

Gaster turned his eyes back to the papers but removed his hand from over yours. You wrapped your fingers around the hand that remained and stroked his knuckles with your thumb. His whole figure seemed to relax and his eyes softened as he stared at the page.

You studied Gaster's features as you continued to stroke his hand. He had changed into a grey turtleneck and greyish black jeans.

Must be his casual wear

You smiled internally.

It's kind of cute.

You then studied the curves of his hands beneath the gloves.

"Gaster?"

"Hmm," came the reply.

"Why do you wear gloves all the time?"

Gaster tensed under your hand. There was a silence between you two for what felt like the longest minute of your life.

Finally he spoke, "It's... difficult to explain."

"I'm listening," You told him.

Gaster swallowed before removing his hand from beneath yours. He seemed nervous but he took your hands into his own and turned to face you, his eyes meeting yours.