Not Your Fault Pt 9

Reader

The next week passed relatively normal.

Well as normal as one could when you knew you would die in less then a month. Or when each day you had to go through multiple tests by the love of your life to keep track of your dimming life source.

Other then that though life was relatively normal. Each morning you woke beside Gaster. His arms cradling you close to his body as he watched you awake. Then Sans and Papyrus would charge into the room and demand breakfast. After breakfast you would take the boys outside to play, Gaster did not approve of this due to your health. However you were more then happy to, it was a good distraction from the mess that was the rest of your life and the fact that you could feel yourself wearing out earlier each day, not massively but still enough to be noticeable. Afterwards you would make lunch for the boys and then follow Gaster into the lab to go through multiple tests. it pained you to see him grow more and more frustrated with every dead end he was led down. His core work had been discarded, no longer as important as prolonging your death. After the long hours in the lab you would return to the house for dinner before reading the boys their nightly story. Finally you would retire with Gaster.

It was simple but at the end of the day you were content, you didn't need excitement or adventure. The simple days with Sans, Papyrus and Gaster was enough for you.

Gaster had once during the week asked if you would prefer to leave Snowdin however you told him you were happy where you were.

It wasn't until the end of the first week when the first major sign of your condition appeared. You were watching the boys playing in the snow when a badly aimed ball of cold ice flew towards you. Luckily you had dodged it. Unluckily it had hit Gaster who was standing behind you. You noticed and burst out into laughter at the shocked surprised that was plastered on your lover's face. His eyes narrowed as he turned to look at the culprit, who was none other then Sans. The child smirked guiltily, "oops."

Gaster bent down and scooped up a handful of snow, unbeknownst to you as you were laughing at the scene. Suddenly a cold wet sensation slapped against your bare neck. You shrieked as the ice snow slid down your back. Turning around you glared at Gaster and his smug smirk.

"Oh, you are so dead now!" You shouted as you scooped up two handfuls of snow and chased the larger skeleton. Sans and Papyrus scooped up their own snow and followed you as you pelted snow at Gaster. He laughed as he dodged each frozen attack.

You felt laughter bubble from your own lips at the carefree sound of the skeleton laughing. It had been too long since you had heard Gaster laugh in such a carefree way.

A sharp stab of pain from your mid section caused you to double over suddenly. You landed on your knees in the powdery snow as you brought a hand up to your mouth. The metallic taste filling you mouth as you coughed. Gaster was by your side in seconds.

He crouched beside you, his arms cradling you as you brought your hand away from you mouth. Blood was splattered against your gloves and was dripping onto the white snow.

Sans and Papyrus were running towards you but were stopped when Gaster raised a hand, "Sans, Papyrus, go inside now."

You didn't look up to check if they had followed their father's orders. Gaster scooped you up into his arms and there was a flash of purple as you were teleported to the lab. Gaster sat you upon the bed as he kneeled before you.

"Does it hurt?" He asked, his eyes serious.

You shook your head, "N-not anymore... it's fading."

Gaster looked only slightly relieved as he rested his head on your shoulder. You brought a hand up to his cheek while the other stroked the top of his head. You remained like this for a few minutes, neither one of you wanting to move.