Not Your Fault Pt 10

Friendly suggestion... grab some tissues.

Gaster

Gaster rubbed your back gently. You were doubled over the toilet, blood mixing into the water as you coughed violently. His soul ached with pain as he watched you, unable to help in anyway.

His nights, when you slept, were spent more and more in his lab as he frantically searched for a solution to your ailment. Whenever you were awake he spent with you. As you grew weaker you found yourself bed bound you and Gaster were unable to hide the truth from the boys. They had become painfully aware that something was wrong.

They had approached Gaster on multiple accounts, always with the same question 'What was wrong with Mommy?'

Gaster was never able to give a straight answer until one evening it become evident they deserved a true answer.

He sat them down on the couch while you slept.

"Boys, _______ is... ill."

Papyrus looked shocked, "B-but Mommy will get better soon right?"

Gaster couldn't bring himself to meet Papyrus's eyes. Sans though seemed less shocked than his brother. He still seemed to be filled with disbelief however. His expression was somber as he answered in Gaster's place, "I-I don't think she is, Paps."

Tears formed at the corner of Papyrus's eye sockets as he looked between the two skeletons both avoiding his gaze, "N-no... t-that c-can't be true... D-daddy, say its not t-true."

Gaster finally met his sons eyes, his own pained. Papyrus hiccupped as tears trailed down his cheekbones. Gaster embraced his sons, no words were passed as all three stayed in silence, the only sound was the sobs of the three broken males.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Reader

A cold sweat had broken out along your brow as you shivered beneath the sheets. Gaster was holding your hand as he wiped a cool towel along your forehead. You had become smaller as the third week commenced, your limbs were weak and you found yourself lapsing into bouts of pain every so often. You gripped Gaster's hand using it as an anchor to the world. You would have laughed at that if it hadn't been quite true- and if it didn't hurt to do so.

You stared up into your husbands eyes wishing you could drown out the pain by disappearing into those eyes forever. Gaster stopped wiping your brow and rose to leave. You held onto his hand, willing him to stay.

"I need to go, _______. I need to return to my lab," Gaster told you, his face melancholic.

"Please don't leave me," You whispered, your voice hoarse.

Gaster looked torn as he looked into your pleading eyes. "I-"

"Gaster, I-I don't want to waste any of my time without you," You told him.

He swallowed and sat back down on the edge of the bed as he stroked your face, "I don't want to lose you."

You brought your arm up to weakly hold his to your face, "I'll be with you no matter what Gaster..."

A light purple shimmer appeared at the corner of Gaster's eye as it formed into a almost clear shape that slid down his cheek bone.

Tears

You realized. Raising an arm with a great amount of effort you wiped the tears gathering away. Gaster moved his face to lightly kiss your knuckles.

"Stay with me," You told him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When you awoke again you saw Gaster had fallen asleep beside you in a chair, his hand entwined in your own. You lightly stroked his cheek.