Not Your Fault Pt 4

Gaster

Gaster awoke that morning in Papyrus's room. Sans and Papyrus were both curled up on his shoulders, his own arms protectively holding them. A blanket was draped over them and the book he had been reading before he had dozed off was lying on his chest. Gaster stared up at the ceiling.

Where did the blanket come from?

He closed his eyes.

I feel as though I'm forgetting something... or someone

Gaster's eyes shot open. Careful not to wake his slumbering children, Gaster slipped out of the bed and exited the room. He rushed to the second bedroom (third door) and opened the door. The bed was empty. Gaster cursed to himself before turning and charging down the stairs. He grabbed his brown coat from the hat stand by the door and placed a gloved hand on the door.

How dare that human run away while I was at my weakest! What the hell was _______ thinking going out on her own while still injured!

"Gaster?"

Gaster's face turned to face the figure standing in the kitchen doorway.

There stood __________, a whisk in one hand and a bowl in the other.

Feeling the tension in his shoulder's disperse he straightened. ________ sent a puzzled look in his direction and Gaster took a deep breath, "I-I..."

What in Asgore's beard am I meant to say?

"W-what are you doing?" Gaster asked, attempting to regain his composed figure.

"Making breakfast for you and the boys," _______ answered.

Gaster's eyes glanced down at the bowl in _______'s hand. His felt magic rush to his face.

Get a grip Gaster! You are a man of science, not a man who blushes and fumbles when he makes a mistake!

"O-oh," He said awkwardly.

________ gave a quick laugh at the disheveled appearance of Gaster. "Well breakfast will be ready shortly, but if you want to have a shower before feel free too."

Gaster swallowed, trying to find his words, "Y-yes, I think I shall."

_______ smiled at him before turning back to finish cooking.

Retreating upstairs Gaster's soul was beating heavily in his chest.

Great now ________ thinks your an idiot!

Better an idiot then a violent maniac.

Gaster threw his hands up into the air. This is what the human had brought him to, he was talking to himself.

Why do I even care what  the human thinks of me?

Gaster sighed as he entered his bedroom's ensuite, pulling off the day old turtleneck and running the water in the shower before he continued to undress.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Reader

You smiled to yourself as you mixed together the pancake batter.

I wonder why Gaster was so flustered looking? It was kind of cute though~

You giggled at the mental image of Gaster acting so bewildered. Once you finished mixing the batter together you heated up the cooking pan and poured the pancake mix into the metal monster shaped cut-outs you had found. By the time you had used all the shapes you realized their was still enough batter for one more pancake. An idea formed in your head as you smiled to yourself.