Not Your Fault Pt 3

Reader

A few days had passed and each passing in a routinely manner.

You would wake up.

Eat Breakfast.

Gaster would appear, do his daily check up and then run you through activities designed to help you gain strength in your limbs again.

Then you would rest and eat a small lunch.

After lunch you would be joined by Papyrus who would bring with him either books, toys or even drawing items.

Afterwards Papyrus would leave and Gaster would arrive to escort you to the bathroom.

Then you would return and eat dinner before falling asleep.

Most nights passed by dreamlessly and you would wake up the next day. The entire process had become boring, your only joy coming from the moments when Papyrus would visit. He was like a little ray of sunshine in your dark and dismally boring life.

Of course Gaster was not exactly happy with the small skeleton's attraction to you but that did not stop the child from visiting.

"I do not consent with your friendship with my son," Gaster stated once again.

"I know," You answered, uncaringly as you flicked through a book the small skeleton had brought you as a gift.

The Doctor returned to his task at hand. The skeleton, though he had been cold the first time you had spoken to him, had begun to warm up to you... if you called putting up with your constant questioning as warming up.

Today had turned out a little differently from the usual schedule. Instead of your usual physical activities Gaster had been busy with some type of experiment and had decided to leave to amuse yourself. You had not been very happy with those arrangements and instead asked if you could go with him.

Gaster had not like that idea one bit however your insistent nagging had seen him agreeing in the end. So now you were sitting his lab watching him going through multiple pages of notes while sipping at his coffee. You almost regretted asking to come, this was just as boring as sitting alone in the room you had been confined to.

"Soooo.... what are you working on?" You asked, partially out of boredom but also slight curiosity.

"I'm working on something you would not understand," Gaster simply stated.

"Well put it in a way that I will understand. You should be able to do that if your such a genius," You teased at him.

Gaster closed his eyes and released a huff. He spun around in his chair to face you, "I am creating a self sustainable source of energy that will be able to power the underground through the implementation of geothermal energy and seismic waves. If I am to succeed in this project the underground will have in interminable source of energy."

"That's rather amazing," You told him truthfully, after making him repeat in in a simpler form.

Gaster nodded, "It would be if my data would match up."

"What's the problem with your data?" You asked.

"Something appears to be missing... however I am unsure as to what the missing element is," He told you.

Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly again he stood and stretched. "I think it is time you returned to your quarters. Your insistent questioning is giving me a headache and I have a meeting I must attend," Gaster stated as you were surrounded in the purple aura of his magic.