Not Your Fault Pt 2

Reader

When you awoke the first time it was painful, painful but bearable. You hadn't been able to feel your limbs... or anything for that matter. Which had worried you but not as much as the unfamiliar room or bed you lay upon. The bed was soft and the blanket that lay over you warm but the room was dark except for the strange glowing liquid that coursed from a plastic bag down a tube and into your left arm. You had attempted to pull out the tube but was surprised to find both your arms were strapped down, along with your legs. What was even more worrying was the hefty cast that encompassed your right arm. You struggled as you heard footsteps from outside the room quickly approaching. The effort you had put into your attempt at resisting your binding had worn the little strength you had though and you slipped back into the empty darkness that was unconsciousness.

The second time you woke up the first thing you realized was that the strange liquid and tubes were gone. The second thing that was noticeable was that you weren't alone. He was sitting there, a notepad in one hand and a pen in the other. You shuffled uncomfortably when his eyes shifted to meet your own. You froze in place as you stared at the tall skeleton who had attacked you.

"Hmm, it seems you have finally awoken," He stated plainly. His voice was methodical, not cold but also not filled with feeling. He was simply stating what was true and that was all. The way he held himself screamed professionalism. He was dressed in a white lab coat, a beige turtleneck and black slacks. A name tag was clipped on the breast of his coat and read Dr. Gaster.

You tried to speak but your throat felt nonexistent as no sound came out. You felt slightly ridiculous as you opened and closed your mouth like a gaping fish.

The man, Gaster, you decided to call him that, ignored your actions and instead took your left arm into his own gloved hands. Laying to boney phalanges over your wrist he waiting for a few seconds before jotting down a note on his pad.

"It appears your signals are normal... or at least what I assume is normal for a human," He muttered the last part. You didn't move your eyes from the skeletal mans.

He continued to ignore you as he jotted down more notes and almost blinded you with a torch light. Once he appeared to be done he stood and pocketed his notepad.

"I do not know who you are, nor do I care to know who you are however I must tell you that the only reason you are here and not another soul in our kings collection is because I find myself backed into a corner," The doctor stated, his eyes not meeting yours purposefully. "I would regard yourself as a very lucky person right now."

You couldn't completely understand what the man was saying but the tone of his voice made it very clear to you that he did not truly care what happened to you.

Swallowing you nodded as the Doctor turned towards the door, "I will return to check on you shortly."

He slipped out of the room, closing the door quietly behind him.

After a few moments you felt yourself relax slightly. Something about the intensity of the man set you on edge. You looked around the room, it was still dim but you could make out a few different objects such as a plain dresser and bedside table. The bed itself was longer and wider then a normal single bed. Your limbs were still bound to the bed but now you found you could sit up and lift your hands to a certain point without restriction. Not enough to be able to untie the bindings but enough to do small activities such as grab the glass of water that sat on the bedside table. Taking a generous sip of the water you felt your throat begin to feel soothed by the coolness. Placing the glass back down you decided to check your injuries.

You winced at the collection of bruises that spread along your limbs, each a different colour of blue, purple, green and yellow. The largest ones spread along your legs and along your side. Lightly prodding at them with your fingers you decided to trust that the Doctor was right when he said you were showing normal signs. Then you studied the cast that encompassed your arm. You hadn't noticed it previously but now you could feel the throbbing that emanated from beneath the cast. You sighed as you lay back against the headboard of the bed.