Not Your Fault Pt 8

Gaster

You had finally fallen asleep after an hour of crying in Gaster's arm. His ability to sooth you had proven a great asset. As soon as you had fallen into a slumber Gaster had began to run test on you, checking vitals and trying to locate the area of damage.

He had located it easily. That however was not the problem. The problem was that as he suspected his rogue magic was stopping your body from healing from the damage you took internally. He had however found a way to slow the bleeding, however this was not a long term solution.

Gaster dug his phalanges into his hands as frustration overtook him.

Nothing is working!

Grinding his teeth Gaster sent the piles of documents and research he had on human anatomy spiraling to the ground in his anger. The difference between Humans and Monsters were so vast in terms of magic. Humans were made of multiple organisms and each played a separate roll, meaning that healing the soul would not heal the body. Whereas monsters were beings of magic and their souls were the very core of their being. If a monster was injured simply healing the soul would fix the problem.

"D-daddy?"

Gaster looked over his shoulder at the small skeletal children who had entered the lab.

Sans. Papyrus.

He turned around and strode towards the two boys, hoping to block remove them from the room before they could notice your slumbering frame.

He was too late however as Papyrus's eyes lit up in recognition as they landed on the operation bed in the center of the room.

"_-_______?"

Gaster took his son's hands gently into his own and led them from the room towards the quarters he had told them to stay within at the start of the day... before everything had turned sour.

"D-daddy is __________ okay?" Papyrus asked, his eyes watching the door to the operation room slowly grow smaller and smaller."

Gaster did not answer. He did not know how to.

Sans however did, "_______'s just sleeping, Paps."

Papyrus accepted that as a reasonable answer, however he still seemed worried as he was led by Gaster to the room.

Sitting them upon the bed Gaster kneeled down in front of his sons.

"I need to return to ________. I want you two to remain here until I come for you," Gaster told his sons.

Papyrus nodded but Sans just quietly watched as his father rose and began to walk away.

As Gaster turned out of the room he felt a tug on his coat, turning he saw Sans staring up at him solemnly.

"I saw it, Dad. I saw the blood. Is _______ really alright?"

Gaster swallowed.

Sans... you are too observant for your own good sometimes.

 "I-I don't know."

Sans's eyes turned downcast as he processed those words, "Y-your not going to give up on her though... are you." It wasn't a question, more a demand.

Gaster shook his head, "Never."

"Good... cause Papyrus would never let you live it down," Sans stated before turning and walking into the room where his younger brother was.

________ you seem to have not only capture my heart and Papyrus's but also Sans...

Then he turned and marched back towards the room where you lay motionless, determination to prevent you from slipping away from his hands filled his soul.