Five.

lukeblack: come at me bro

"Fuck!" Luke groaned and rolled off of me, my chest rising heavily while I tried to bring myself back down. I pushed the hair sticking to my damn skin away and looked over at the disheveled man next to me. "I swear you're going to kill me doing that." He chuckled and I grinned, placing a kiss on his arm before I stood from the bed. "I'll meet you in there in like 2 seconds." He pointed towards the bathroom I was heading into.

"You weren't invited." I teased, swaying my hips while I walked. I started the shower and let it get hot while I brushed through my hair and washed my face. Luke's arms wrapped around my waist and he kissed my neck. "What are you doing?" I smirked.

"There's a hot girl in my bathroom." He mumbled against my skin, his hands moving down to my hips. "She's got an amazing ass," he ran his hands over my flesh and nibbled on my skin. "She smells good and taste like coconut."

"She's sweaty and sore." I laughed, shaking my head. I nudged him off of my shoulder and he let me go to the shower, coming in after me. "JT texted me again."

"Does he know you're selling the house?" He asked and I nodded, letting the warm water fall down my chest.

"His Dad is going to buy it, JT doesn't want to lose it." I rolled my eyes. "He's pathetic at this point. It's a possession thing, it's not even that he wants me back. He just wants to feel like he still owns me."

"You own yourself, baby girl." Luke teased, tipping my chin up. "You're not hurt anymore?"

"I'm still hurt. I mean, years were taken from me for someone who doesn't even care. He's always had something over me. He was my first everything so a part of me felt like he really did own me. I have to find myself without him, figure out what I really want."

"And me?" He bit his lip, standing over me to get his hair wet. "Where do I stand in all of that?"

"You're helping me. You proved that someone else can care about me."

"Did you really think that wasn't possible?" He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and I hugged him back. "People love you, a lot of people. You've just been so far up his ass since high school."

"Well," I kissed his chest. "It's over now so we can have all the fun we've both wanted to."

"Oh, we will."

---

I had to find a new place. Living with Luke was temporary and I needed to find an apartment soon. "You could live with me!" Amelia smiled wide, sitting across from me at Luke'a kitchen counter.

"Mel, you have one bedroom and a futon for a couch. I'll pass."

"Brit, you can stay here." Luke interjected but I threw a grape at him to shut him up. I didn't need his sympathy invite. I needed my independence. "Or not." He thumped my head and walked passed.

"Look, why don't you consider moving back into your parents house?" Amelia said and I think for a second Luke considered hitting her. I did too. It was a subject no one ever talked about. Not since I was 15. And it wasn't her place to even mention it. "I'm not trying to dig up bad memories, hun. But, you need a place to live and you have a huge house-"

"Amelia, stop." Luke glared at her and I didn't know what the right thing to say was. She didn't mean it to hurt me. I knew she just wanted me to feel better. But, I wasn't comfortable talking about that. I never would be. "Look, I gotta go to work. It's time for you to go." Amelia looked at me and I didn't move. I had lost the will to respond.

Luke stayed next to me for a few minutes before he sighed and stood up. "You need me to stay?"

"I'm ok." I told him and he nodded, placing his hand on my cheek.

"Look, um, you can stay here. There's no rush for you to move out. I'll help you find a place, if you need me too." I smiled small and bit the inside of my cheek. He was too nice sometimes. "She shouldn't have said that, ok?"

"She didn't mean it."

"I don't care." He shook he head and tilted my chin up. "What happened was fucked up and she knows not to talk about it."

"Luke, I'm fine. Go to work, I'll be here when you get back."

"Babe-"

"Go."