Thirteen.

2 Weeks Later

I got out of class late. My professor liked to talk. He really liked to talk. I planned to go straight to my apartment. It was still practically empty, it's only been a week since I moved into it. I couldn't live with Talia and Harper after what they did to Luke and I. But, I couldn't go back to him. Not when they were partly right. I didn't get to move on. I used Luke and I thought I moved on. But I didn't get to do it myself. I don't even know what it's like to be alone.

I did feel bad though. Luke and I both started our last year of Grad school. He was still training clients but he was taking classes for his Masters. We had a nutrition class together. He didn't come near me. Until today. He sat next to me, without saying anything. I left before him but it didn't stop him from running after me.

"Brit!" He grabbed my arm, holding me still. "Can you please talk to me?"

"Luke, I'm sorry. I've just been busy the past couple weeks." I mumbled, biting my lip anxiously. "I meant to call."

"You just left, I called you and I left messages. You didn't respond. You know how fucked up that is? I've been stressed out and then I see Talia and she says you moved out of their place. She told me they took your phone and that you went crazy-"

"Luke, we can't do this anymore. You were right. We're making each other crazy. It's been 2 weeks and it feels like a year. We don't have a healthy relationship and we need to work on some things. I need to figure myself out before I try to keep doing this. I've never been single. Not since I was 14. And I feel like I depend on people too much. I want to be on my own, for just a little bit."

"I miss you." Luke gulped, sliding his hand down to hold mine. "But, I understand." He licked his lips and kissed my forehead. "You need to do this for yourself and I'm not going to stop you. I just don't know what to do without my pretty girl."

"Come over tonight and we can figure some stuff out. You're not getting rid of me, Luke." I smiled, placing my lips on the back of his hand. "I just need a little independence."

"That's all you had to say, babe. I'll meet you at your place. Send me the address and we can talk." He grabbed my face and kissed my forehead again. "I have to get to class."

"See you later." I smiled up at him and he nodded, hugging me tightly before walking away. I couldn't help the giddy feeling inside me. I had missed him and I didn't want to push him away because of what other people say. I wanted us to figure it out together but I didn't want to keep going if we had no end game.

"Brit!" I knew who it was. He's been trying to talk to me since word got around that I moved out of Luke's. I had no interest in talking to him. But, he wouldn't leave me alone. "Brit, hold up!"

"Not today, JT."

"Brit, I need to talk to you." I crossed my arms, glaring at him hard enough that he didn't dare step closer to me. "I heard you and Luke broke up. I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I know I messed up when I hit him-"

"Wait," I laughed. "You think you jumping him has anything to do with our lives?" I scoffed loudly and shook my head. "JT, we don't give a shit about you or what you do. I moved into my own apartment, because I had planned to. Luke and I are none of your concern and we're doing just fine. I don't want anything to do with you and I never will. Leave me and Luke alone."