Nine.

"Come on, we're going to the gym." Luke snapped at me, making me glare up at him. He never wanted me to go to the gym with him. "Look, it hurt like shit yesterday and I need you there just in case. I don't care if you're still pissed at me, I need you."

"You need me?" I quirked up an eyebrow and looked at him, suspicious. This wasn't like him. He hasn't even talked to me today. "Why can't Charlie or Jake go with you?"

"Because they're ass wipes." He sighed, running his hand over his forehead. "Don't make me beg, baby, just come."

I rolled my eyes while I stood up from the couch and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders before I could walk away. We stood that way for several moments. He held me and I wrapped my arms around his waist, my head on his chest. I needed this. To feel him again. "I'm sorry," he mumbled in my ear and I smiled, hugging him tighter. "I don't want you to be mad at me."

"I'm sorry for being a bitch sometimes." I sighed, looking up at him with my chin on his chest. He licked his lips and slid his hands onto my face. He leaned his face down and kissed me softly. "I really do care about you, ok?"

"I know, baby. It's just hard when you don't want to open up. I need you to open up to me. I promise it will make you feel better and help you move on."

"It's harder than it sounds." I groaned, wrapping my arms around his neck. "But, I will try." He kissed me again and pressed his forehead against mine with a wide grin on his face. "Do you still need me at the gym?"

"Yes I do." He chuckled, tapping butt before grabbing his sneakers from the side of the couch. "Can you be ready in 5 minutes?" He asked, sliding them on. I ran upstairs to change into leggings and a t-shirt. Luke was at the bottom of the stairs with his gym bag and two water bottles.

I was a cardio and squats girl. I wasn't much for weights like Luke. I could tell he was putting too much into it and really straining himself. He groaned in pain several times and his jaw clenched hard every time he sat up from a set. He asked me to help him up a few times and he would put all his weight on me for a second, probably to get some relief. I felt bad about what happened to him and that he was having to go through all of this. It's my fault really. If I hadn't chose him after JT, he'd be fine. He would be happy and training freely. He wouldn't have to argue with me either.

The same night, when we had gotten home and showered, Luke decided not to go out. He usually always went out on a Saturday so it was unusual for him to stay in. I didn't complain. He put on some really lame horror movie and laid in my lap while we sat and ate a whole container of Oreos. He didn't say much while I played with his hair and sighed several times during the movie. I didn't get scared by movies, they were just movies, and my Mom always thought something was wrong with me. Luke actually was the same way. He watched them because he found them fascinating. By the end, my hands had unraveled almost all of Luke's curls and he looked ridiculous but I almost loved it. We had wordlessly made our way through the night, he washed the dishes, I cleaned the counters. We both folded the laundry and Luke took out the trash. It was like we had been doing this for years and it just flowed well.