Lindsey

The day passed quick and tomorrow was Rachel's party, and I had nothing to wear.

As I leave school, I look in my purse and find around £40 my mum gave me for a dress.
The mall was only round the corner, so I arrived there quite quickly.

I walk past all dress stores, until a sparkly blue body con dress shimmered, and caught my eye.

I walk into the shop, and pick out my size. It was the only one left, so I kept held of it and never placed it down.

As I approached the cashier, my phone buzzes. I place the dress down on the counter and ask the cashier for a moment.
I look at my phone and I have a text from an unknown number.
"Not that dress, chose another beautiful."

I look around and I can't see anybody who I recognise who goes to my school.
I pick the dress up, and going by what the text says, I chose another.

A red dress stood out, and I chose this instead.
Again, as I place my dress to the counter, I get another text message.
"That's better. You'll look stunning. See you tomorrow"

I buy the dress and have £10 left, so I buy some makeup and hairspray.

I leave the mall, and begin the walk home, I pass by Lindsey's house, and the windows were all smashed, and a police line bordered the property.

A policeman stood outside, almost like a security guard, no one came in, no went came out.

"What's happened?" I rush up to the police officer in shock.
"Protected information. I cannot tell you" he bluntly replies.
"Please. My Best friend lived here I need to know." I desperately ask, but I receive the same answer.

I dial my mums number and she picks up quickly.
"What's happened to Lindsey's house? Where is she?" I scream.
"We'll talk when you get home. I can't tell you now."
My mum hangs up, and I start to run home.

What's happened to my best friend?