Fire

I run into my living room to find my mum, and 2 police officers all sitting on the sofa, talking amongst themselves when they realise I walked in.

"Sit down love." My mum says, and I sit on the sofa opposite to her.
"What's happened, where's Lindsey?" I ask.

Then, one officer stands and begins to speak.

"Yesterday, in the early hours of the morning, Lindsey and her family experienced a house fire. We are unsure of how it started, but we do know no one in Lindsey's household was a smoker. Therefore it wasn't a smoking related fire. Anyway, by the time the fire crew got there, we found Lindsey and her little brothers body, under her bed. They tried to get low, and stay away from the flames. But, we think due to smoke inhalation they both died together. Her parents were found in their bed, so I presume they knew nothing about the fire and were asleep, where as Lindsey and her brother did. The fire started we guess, downstairs and blocked the front door, then Lindsey's room leads opposite the stairs, so they were the first to know about the fire.
Part of floors collapsed, exposing them to more flames and smoke, and her parents bedroom floor; fell through leaving no chance of survival for her parents, and the ceiling, if we didn't get there the time we did, the ceiling would have caved in.
When we found Lindsey she was unconscious, and when taken in the ambulance to the hospital, we discovered she had actually died inside the property. I'm so sorry for your loss."

"This can't be happening to me. No no, Lindsey's been my best friend for years, no this can't be.."
I ran out of my living room, and ran up the stairs. Tears still streaming down my face. I lost my best friend. Them two missed calls I had from her, could have been to say goodbye. But I didn't get to say goodbye.

I lock myself in my room, and phone up Chandler.
"S'up?" He bluntly answers.
"Chandler.." I say crying, and sniffling.
"Lauren, what's happened? Are you okay?" His tone of voice immediately changes when he can hear my cries.
"Lindsey's dead."

I scream in tears, I can't even bear to say her name.
"She wasn't ill today. She was dead."
"What happened? Are you okay, do you want to come to mine?"
"A house fire. And not really, and could I come over?" I ask him.
"Of course. I'll text over my address. I'll see you soon."
I hung up, and pack some clothes and walk downstairs. My phone buzzes and I can see chandlers address. It's only round the corner from where I live.

I enter the living room, carrying my bags and my mum speaks.
"Where are you going?"
"To a friends house."
"Why?"
"Because I'm upset, alright?" I snap.
"Who's house?"
"Chandlers."
"Where does she live?"
"It's a he, and round the block. Okay, now bye." I say, approaching the front door.
I open it, and step outside, slamming the door behind me and I begin the walk to Chandlers house.