Survivor

I wake up, and look straight at the back of the car, to see Chandler perfectly conscious. Bruised and battered, but still conscious. "Are you alright?" I ask, taking a breath.

Eugh, the smell of petrol filled my lungs. "Yeah." Chandler says, brushing his lap. Shit. "Get out! Petrol...get out!"

Me and Chandler both desperately try to unbuckle ourselves, and when we are released, our heads hit what was the roof of the car. I look over to my dad who was unconscious and wasn't in good state. "We need to go." I say. "Your dad?" Chandler asks. "No." Was all I simply replied.

We escape out of the car, and walk up the grass covered hill getting as far away from the wreckage as possible.
"Your dad though-" chandler starts to speak, but I rudely interupt. "Don't."

"He's your dad!" He shouts, and we stop walking, and I turn to face him.

"He's a rapist! He's disgusting, a waste of space. If I saved him, he'd do it again wouldn't he! Now, I'm leaving. Tonight. To Australia. You either accept what I've done and come with me, or walk away." I turn my back, and walk. Chandler will come, if he loves me. If he doesn't, it just saves me the heartbreak.

But I hear no footsteps, nothing. I turn around to see Chandler walking away, the opposite direction.
I look back at the car, and before I could even prepare myself, the car blows up.

I scream as loud as my lungs could let me, and run as fast as I could away.
I completely forgot about chandler and just wanted to run, run as fast as I could.

I grab my phone in my pocket and dial a taxi.
"I'm on the B1 Road. I need to go to the airport. Hurry." And hang up.

I don't even want to know what I look like right now, but I'm getting on that plane and going.

What felt like hours, but was only 30 minutes, the taxi arrived and I got in.
I scroll on my phone all the memories I had with chandler, texts, pictures everything. Maybe he didn't really love me.

I sigh out of the window, and look at the passing trees and countryside. But my new found peace was shattered, when I heard the sirens of an ambulance and police car. I guess they found my dad.