Woken

I wake up, not attached to a hospital bed by my surprise, but a bed in a house.

A voice echoes through the house, and another quickly joins.
I recognise a man and a young girls voice, and I lay there confused to how I am not in a hospital.

"He got in the way. He will be punished."
I hear faintly echo through the empty halls, and a young voice replies quickly.

"No! Don't lay a hand on him! If you do...I won't go with you."

It was Lauren's voice. She's going with her dad..she's leaving me behind.

The old wooden panelled door opens, and Lauren's face appears around the corner.

"Hey." Her soft voice says, but I don't reply. She's going to leave me. I can't believe this.

"So, the silent treatment?"
I nod.
"Why?"

"You're going to leave me behind and go with him! You bitch! I care for you, I love you, and your just going to go to New Zealand and forget everything between us." I shout, all the emotion I felt inside just seemed to roll of my tongue with no thought for what I was really saying.

"Calm the fuck down. I had a plan you ass. We were going to go to another country together, we'd happily go to the airport and 'accidentally' get the wrong plane. I wouldn't do that to you, so don't even think like that! I love you. I'd do anything for you, and do you know what? I'm fucking risking enough for you right now, so could you show me the tiniest bit of gratitude and stop assuming I'm going to run off and leave you!" I could see her eyes tearing and becoming glossy, I think I've really upset her.

"I'm sorry."

"Ok."

That's all she said, she walked out of the room and slammed the door behind her.
Shit, I think I've fucked this all up.

"What was all that shouting about?" Her dad's deep voice booms throughout the house.

"He's coming to the airport with us." Lauren States.

"That's what you think." He sternly replies.

"That's what I know, so don't fuck me around. He's coming with us, end of conversation."

I hear footsteps leading away, until it's silent. So silent, all I can hear is my fast breathing.

There was no window, one door, one light. A bed, a cabinet, one glass of water, that was it.

I have no way of telling whether it was day or night, but I was tired, so I lay down, my head hitting the firm pillow, and I shut my eyes.